hatch progress with pics

BairleaFarm

Songster
8 Years
May 3, 2011
Georgetown, KY
Im almost as excited as when my kids were born. Chick number two. I had someone ask about my hatching racks. I dont have any because this incubator wasnt supposed to hatch. Well i didnt get my hatcher built in time so i was forced to hatch with what ive got. I am worried about injured chicks. There is no edge to my eggs racks so a chick could roll over and fall about 23" If i open the door grab a chick and close the door my humidity only drops 2% and takes aabout a minute to get back to normal. I have a feeling the deep bator holds the temp and humidity quit well. Its not ideal but currently its all ive got. The hatcher is built but i could get the temps right so everything will be ok next hatch.

2011-08-17_10-17-00_639.jpg

I see, that's very cool! I'll have to see the update when you do a hatch rack, because I'd be very interested in a similar type set up. Hopefully all hatch out ok where they're at now. Good luck!
smile.png

That large window door is a great idea!
fl.gif
you have many more healthy chicks to come!

Thanks. Havent gotten a pip one from the welsumers
sad.png
. Had another die while hatching. have a few left. Came home from my mothers to find a ton of ID band in the tub. Seems they didnt stay on their legs very well lol.

2011-08-17_19-25-28_231.jpg

Back
Top Bottom