Hatch Results Blue/Blsck Orps....Not Good

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by lockedhearts, Jun 8, 2008.

1. lockedhearts

lockedhearts It's All About Chicken Math

Apr 29, 2007
    Georgia
    I won a dozen eggs on EBay. 6 went into the hstcher ob Wednesday. two had pipped on Friday. My humidity dropped drastically friday night and the membranes dried out:barnie, I had to help the one chick out. The other that pipped never made it past a large pip. I had the humidity back up to around 78%. The others have done nothing. I candled as I moved to the hatcher and I saw movement in 4 of them. I also moved my two cochin eggs from my flock at the same time, they both had movement and neither of them have pipped.[​IMG]
    I will give them another day or two, but I hope the one that hatched is a Roo.

2. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

Too bad it didn't go as well as you'd hoped. If you need a Blue/Black/Splash cockerel, I'll be hatching a bunch of these babies soon. They go into the bator next week. If you make it up here later on when we've figured out the sexes, I'll be glad to supply you with an Orp cockerel. I guarantee there will be some, LOL.

3. lockedhearts

Apr 29, 2007
    Georgia
    Cyn,
    THat would be awesome! By then I should know if this one is a cockerel or pullet. We could take a drive up one weekend and bring one back with us. I have a Buff Cockerel I am trying to figure out what to do with.
    He is the one that fought CRD as a chick, bless his heart he is strong and healthy now. I named him "Hercules" because he was strong enough to make it.
    My 5 BO chicks that hatched from the eggs I got from COREYNC are all Pullets, so with "BABS" and "Bertha" I will have 7 BO hens.
    I guess I could put "Herc" in the mix pen.

Just let me know when you have one available!

4. EweSheep

EweSheep Flock Mistress

Jan 12, 2007
    Land of Lincoln
    Like Cyn might say, have a nice Suedenator day! [​IMG]

5. speckledhen

Hahaha, you're too funny, Robin! I'll post the hatching results, of course. It may be a month before I know for sure which ones are boys, at least on some of them. But there are always extra cockerels.

6. Yogiman

Yogiman Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 2, 2008
    South Louisiana
    Yeah, I was fortunate enough to work out an agreement with Cyn that any eggs of hers that I hatched, I could return all of the pullets for credit since I only wanted some Suedenators! [​IMG]

7. speckledhen

For credit, LOL? Silly man. Same holds for you. If you dont get a Suede out of that batch, Roger, one is free to you if you get yourself down here. Right, all the way from LA with these gas prices! [​IMG]

8. Buster

Buster Back to Work

I have a son of Suede but he's black so I am going to use him to make my own "suedinator".

Sorry your hatch didn't go so well lockedhearts. I am going to try to hatch some BBS eggs this fall and really hope I can get a few out of it.

9. lockedhearts

Apr 29, 2007
    Georgia
    I would love a Blue or SPlash, but of course beggers can't be choosers so will take whatever is available.
    My Cochin Roo, Rhett, is black and absolutely gorgeous!
    I am not sure what this one lone chick is, as far as color. Once he is fully fluffed I will post a pic.

10. gumpsgirl

gumpsgirl Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Mar 25, 2008
    Virginia
    Oh, I'm so sorry. What a disappointment. [​IMG] I'll keep my fingers crossed for you. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by