Pics
It took a while but finally last night around 11 something the last baby was hatched.
Baby 89
IMG_2032.jpeg

And Baby 91 (since I didn’t send any pics)
IMG_2033.jpeg

Btw I have a name suggestion for 89! You can feel free I’d you’d like to Use it or not. But Belle Pepper!

They are beautiful, 🥰 89 is such a lovely color!
I think Belle Pepper is perfect! 😊
Belle pepper it is!!!

As well as sad news. For some reason the 91 passed away. I’m not sure why. It was under the heater and doing well. I’ll be keeping a close eye on all the chicks until I know why it happened

I’m still not sure what’s going on but Belle Pepper has also passed. The chick hatched before them from the same batch is doing fine. I don’t know why this happened.
:hugs I'm so sorry! They were very pretty!

I wish I could offer advice but this was my first batch of chicks this year and I've never hatched any. Luckily they all arrived healthy and stayed that way.
Have you posted a thread about it in the incubating-hatching forum? Someone else may have an idea of what's going on.

:hugs I'm so sorry! They were very pretty!

I wish I could offer advice but this was my first batch of chicks this year and I've never hatched any. Luckily they all arrived healthy and stayed that way.
Have you posted a thread about it in the incubating-hatching forum? Someone else may have an idea of what's going on.
I did ask and someone responded saying sorry but I so far don’t have any leads to what it could be. I’ve been trying to look it up. And it could be a failure to thrive. Or a sickness. But the one born first in this batch is good and healthy. So I’m not too sure. I’ll try my best to find out incase it is a sickness so the other chicks can be treated.

RIP Annabel (we named her shortly before we had to bury her.)
And Belle Pepper.
You’ll be with your daddy and mommy now.

I’ve got some good news. My neighbor who was to give me some eggs ended up just giving me their chickens! So we have 8 new hens and a new roo.

And they’re laying eggs. So far we have about 9 eggs on day 4. I’ll be incubating more eggs soon!

We have 1 new Welsummer

7 new comets

And some sort of white mix roo.

I’ll send pics soon to add them to the momma list. We’re still thinking of names so let me know some!

We’ve taken to calling the rooster Rue

Back
Top Bottom