Hatched 5 Baby Button Quails Today!

Kassie

In the Brooder
7 Years
Dec 8, 2012
Hi Guys,

Just an update on my Button Quails,
So Happy, 5 baby button quails hatched today out of 6 eggs in total, only 1 egg left lets hope it hatches tomorrow! In colours i got 2 Browns and 3 Yellow's :)! They are so cute and must I add these eggs where incubated by there own mother which i am auctally surprised it all came out as a success!. Will post some pictures tomorrow:)
Just anther question any good foods I should buy for them I am planning on giving them tomorrow boiled eggs smashed up anything else baby button quails like?

Thanks Kassie

It is best to give them just crumble that has been ground up for 4 weeks or so gradually leaving the crumbles larger as the chicks grow. Egg is not bad for them but at this young age it is best that they only eat high protein and balanced diet. After that you can give them anything the adults like, spinach, other greens and broccoli are favorites. try fruit as well. oranges apples and banana. enjoy your little ones as they grow way too fast!
photos please
big_smile.png

Hi

Thanks for your reply very helpful, today I did give them chick crumble although they didn't really show much interest but really liked finch food and I cut up some cucumber in dice pieces and they loved it too! Also boiled some eggs and diced it but the parents and Chicks didn't show no interest in it either:/

Here are a picture of all of them hope you like it:)

Thanks Kassie

makes me want to set up the incubator...must wait till spring. too cold in the house now for the chicks. they are so darn cute and grow too darn fast. enjoy!

Yes they are very cute! :)
At what age do you recon I should serperate the babies from the parents?
Also people have been telling me that the parents as shown in above picture are different breeds to one anther? So if they are does that mean the baby quails will be mix breeds of parents or? Really confused on that! Also could you tell me what breed of quail the parents are?
Good luck with your incubation!
Thanks kassie

They're both Chinese Painted, just different colours. Dad looks like a normal silver to me, and mum is the same as my bird, who I was told is a red breasted (blue), though I'm not sure if that's right.
Different species of Quail can't be bred together.
Can't help you on splitting though, I'm afraid.

They're not different breeds. They're just different mutations, which only refers to their coloration. A lovely family. :)

Thankyou very much guys for your response very helpful now I get it! :)

Thanks Kassie

Back
Top Bottom