Hatched an hour ago!

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by PlumTuckered, Apr 29, 2009.

1. PlumTuckered

PlumTuckered Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 27, 2007
    Arkansas
    I've got a Cuckoo Maran Roo that we rescued from a Ladie's canning project, we had a mixture of eggs under our broody hen and this is what came out of a RIR egg:
    [​IMG]

She also had 2 little buff minorca/cuckoo maran babies hatch out but sadly one of my other hens jumped into the nesting box and laid down, her leg crushed the neck of one of those babies. There are 2 more about to hatch out and five more eggs are pipped!

This hen went broody while I was in bed with a high fever and flu, my husband forgot that I wanted to stick my guinea eggs under her so we've got new chicks instead of new guineas LOL

Michelle

2. TheDuckCrew

TheDuckCrew Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 21, 2009
    Connecticut
    awww! its adorable!! and you can always get guineas too!!!

3. PlumTuckered

PlumTuckered Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 27, 2007
    Arkansas
    Thank ya :)
    My guinea hens are great layers but they never go broody so I have plans of sticking those eggs under a Hen. I hatched my existing guineas under a Buff Minorca Hen and she was a wonderful Mamma. I only have 2 hens that ever go broody and the second one has gone broody twice in the last month and quit after 24 hours each time, she's driving me nuts LOL

We used to have a bunch of Banty Hens that constantly went broody so I ordered some Banty's from McMurrays and they should get here around May 12th along with some bigger breed Hens.

Michelle

4. k2chickens

k2chickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 22, 2009
    New Castle, Indiana
    Really cute!!! Hope the best of luck to the rest of the chicks and hope they make it out okay![​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by