Hatched early???

Ok…now I have this. The yolk Is in the cup with him. Is this right now? How long does he stay like this…I mean, how long to absorb the yolk?
If the yolk is still attached, it may take a couple of days. If it isn't attached, it will never be absorbed.

In about a day the poult may be standing on its own.

Is the yolk attached to the poult? If it isn't attached it will never be absorbed.

The paper towel should be only in the bottom of the cup, not lining the sides.
Ok…yes…yolk is attached to the poult. And I just put him in a different cup with the yolk and paper towel at the bottom only. It did seem the yolk sack was a bit smaller. How long do you think I will need to leave him like this? And BTW…thank you SO much. I am praying he makes it. I have no idea…do little ones like this do ok? Is it normal that he will sleep a lot…seems so tired…poor thing.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    466.4 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Ok…yes…yolk is attached to the poult. And I just put him in a different cup with the yolk and paper towel at the bottom only. It did seem the yolk sack was a bit smaller. How long do you think I will need to leave him like this? And BTW…thank you SO much. I am praying he makes it. I have no idea…do little ones like this do ok? Is it normal that he will sleep a lot…seems so tired…poor thing.
Sleeping is a good sign. Turkeys can be very tough and they can also be very fragile.

I once tossed a left over egg from a nest into a garbage pit. As soon as it hit, I could see little legs kicking. Crawled into the pit, grabbed the egg. Put it in a cup in the incubator after breaking it out of the shell. Took a couple of days for it to get straightened out. Later I couldn't tell it from the others.

Sleeping is a good sign. Turkeys can be very tough and they can also be very fragile.

I once tossed a left over egg from a nest into a garbage pit. As soon as it hit, I could see little legs kicking. Crawled into the pit, grabbed the egg. Put it in a cup in the incubator after breaking it out of the shell. Took a couple of days for it to get straightened out. Later I couldn't tell it from the others.
That was a nice save on your part. I wish we could say the same. Unfortunately…the little one didn’t make it. 😢 But, there always seems to be some type of victory when they at least make it out of the shell…if it has to go bad afterwards I mean…and he looked peaceful and comfortable in the cup. I want to thank you for your help. I will still wonder, though, if I could have done something different or more that may have made a difference…but I guess that’s just human nature.
Thanks again. You were the only one who answered my ’help’ plea. And I think you have assisted me before. I appreciate you. Have a nice evening.

That was a nice save on your part. I wish we could say the same. Unfortunately…the little one didn’t make it. 😢 But, there always seems to be some type of victory when they at least make it out of the shell…if it has to go bad afterwards I mean…and he looked peaceful and comfortable in the cup. I want to thank you for your help. I will still wonder, though, if I could have done something different or more that may have made a difference…but I guess that’s just human nature.
Thanks again. You were the only one who answered my ’help’ plea. And I think you have assisted me before. I appreciate you. Have a nice evening.
They don't always work out. You now have a better idea and will be better prepared for the next time. Good luck.

Back
Top Bottom