Hatcher questions????????

hangemhorns

Songster
11 Years
May 14, 2008
Morrison
Hi i have a sportsman incubator and a hatcher aslo....my question is when i put the eggs in to the hatcher am i supposed to take them out of the egg trays and put them in something esle....

Most people are using the egg carton method and it works great. I've got quite a few pulp egg flats ... the kind that restaurants get their eggs in, and I put my eggs in them for the last 3 days of incubation. I also poke a small hole in the bottom of each cup so that some air gets through ... just to make sure they get enough oxygen.

You could probably do a search on egg carton method on the forum and see several threads on the subject. Here's just one of them: https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=61092

Hey
, if you go to the Maud auction on Thursday night ... I could bring you some pulp egg flats

from what i read it talks mostly about clean up and them not rolling around....thats why i was wondering about the egg trays that i got with my sportsman....i will try the paper pulp method....so far not having very much luck.....and i am going to try to make it tommorrow night....thanks okcarla....

I have done both in my sportsman but with them sitting in the egg trays I can't see when they pip. So I went back to laying them on their sides in the hatching tray. Plus with them in the egg trays it takes up more room in my hatching tray so the babies don't have a lot of room to walk around. You can try it and see which you like best.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom