hatcheries shipping to Hawaii

Aloha!

I'm on Kauai and the shipping through McMurray Hatchery is around $25. We ordered chicks in June 2010 and had a great experience and success rate. We ordered two batches of 25+ chicks, we wanted a variety of chicks. I put an ad on craigslist and sold the additional chicks cheaper than the local feed store, but still covered the shipping. We've really enjoyed our Buff Brahmas -- they are bantams and just as larges as our orpingtons and australorps. All the girls started producing around the end of November. We're getting ready to place an order for delivery in Feb/March to increase our flock/production next summer.

welcome-byc.gif
i used them for quite a few times over the years. i have not used a hatchery for the last 10 yrs. but i had nothing but good experience with them. good luck and:welcome again

pdxkitty
welcome-byc.gif
from big island

hey hawaiians!!! howzit? im on big island and my chicken guy always orders chicks from ideal hatchery. i have several of them now and they are doing great. they dont charge that much for shipping and if i was not looking to hatch my own i would order from them. i have a broody on eggs now and hopefully will build that incubator and order some hatching eggs from another BYCer! not much variety available here locally either. i even saw on the hatching eggs for sale thread someone selling eggs shipped to all us states EXCEPT hawaii! whats up with that?? they will ship to ALASKA, but not hawaii... i feel so excluded sometimes...but thats fine because its nice and warm here
lol.png

Last edited:
Aloha, everyone, Hale malu farms is a fairly new hatchery on Maui the also rep for Cackle hatchery and so there you can order from HMF anf they can send baby chicks through the mail or through the air carriers depending on your budget...we have a nice selection of birds to choose from so after view our site www.halemalufarms.com have a look at www.cacklehatchery.com you can get thier birds through us...thanks

I have had very good results from McMurray Hatcheries to the Big Island -they have a terrific variety and overnight to your post office for pick up . It's easier than you might think . Aloha , Mel

I know this thread is over 2 years old already, but has there been any update? Did you order through My Pet Chicken? How many did you order and how many arrived? I used to live on the Big Island in Mountain View. I ordered CornishxRocks from a farm store in Hilo through Ideal. I know all the chicks arrived 100% Live. A few years later I ordered Embden geese from McMurray with great success. 2 died on their way over, and all but 2 survived to adulthood(the rest died from a horrible kid we used to live with). I'm pretty sure they reproduced into the flock you now see at Wailoa State Park in Hilo(we moved into Hilo and could no longer keep them, so we took the pair there since no one wanted them). After a few years in Hilo, we moved to Glenwood and I ordered 25 chicks through McMurray again. The only chick that did not make it was the "surprise" chick. We lost our flock to two terrible dogs. Now, 15 years later, I'm attempting a hatchery order again. Now I live on Oahu, and the farm store in Kaneohe has been telling me that not many chicks make it when shipped here to Oahu. I don't understand, since the mail comes here first, before making its way to The Big Island. Maybe it's the time of year. The first two times I ordered late in the year, now I'm ordering in the beginning. Perhaps it's too cold for chicks right now. I have them set to ship on April 17th.

CHICKS ARRIVED SAFELY!!!! One of the gold-laced cochin bantams died, but that's pretty good considering they flew all the way from Texas. THANK YOU IDEAL POULTRY!!!!

The box of chicks:

Red Cochin bantams:

Buff Cochin bantams:

Mottled Cochin bantams:

Gold-Laced Cochin bantams (lost one in shipping):

Birchen Cochin bantams:

Sleepy chicks 13 hours after their arrival:

Back
Top Bottom