Hatcheries with welsh harlequins?

I really do want holderreads especially a good drake, breeding for birds as close to breed standard is my goal hopefully I can find another breeder or get straight from holderreads. So far I have been really disappointed in the stock from other hatcheries

Since they only sell adults now you can get as nice a bird as you have the money for, holderreads birds have been winning shows across the country for decades.
Yeah I think I'll start saving up to buy a trio to add to what I already have

We got our Welsh Harlequins from Cackle in June of last year. They arrived healthy and full of energy. One duck did have a limp when it walked but as soon as we started them swimming her leg became stronger and the limp went away after a few weeks. All four have laid one egg a day except for two days this year thus far.

So even though their site says 150-200 (like a pekin) Maybe cackles info has just not been updated or they just go along with what other hatcheries say. I would hope that they base their numbers on their own flock averages though:confused:

I really want to diversify my gene pool and getting a new drake from good lines is very important to me. I would love to shop/adopt locally but welsh harlequins are rare. I understand that ducklings get stressed so I would be even more excited to get hatching eggs. I am really having a hard time finding them though:(
I have a male I just hatched today, in Beaumont, TX. (Southeast, TX) and my friend also sells fertile welsh eggs in Buna, Tx.

I have 5 drakes available that were hatched last year. My original birds came from Broken Paddle Farm, and their stock came from Metzer. I'm no expert, but I believe my birds meet the standard. One drake has a wry tail; he had difficulty hatching and was a help-out. The only reason I am selling/rehoming is that I have too many drakes--the perennial problem.

I have 5 drakes available that were hatched last year. My original birds came from Broken Paddle Farm, and their stock came from Metzer. I'm no expert, but I believe my birds meet the standard. One drake has a wry tail; he had difficulty hatching and was a help-out. The only reason I am selling/rehoming is that I have too many drakes--the perennial problem.
Do you have a mom or sister of theirs?

Back
Top Bottom