Hatcheries

My order was from McMurray and it went wonderfully, so I don't have a reason to not use them again, but I was seriously considering Marti, as Ive heard great things about them - they are smaller and have nice birds, so I hear. So, maybe that's one to consider? Have you had bad luck with McMurray?

My new favorite hatchery is Leon Valley Trading Company! This was the best experience of my life in all aspects! They don't carry standard birds mostly rare and specialty.

Try Marti Poultry in Misouri. Some friends of mine are very satisfied with their service and quality chicks.
wink.png

My brother swears by Marti. I think they are a little on the expensive side.

Cackle has some of the best prices I've ever seen.... and GREAT layers.

I like McMurray for the huge variety, but you have to order early.

I placed my order 2 monthes ago with Meyers for a April pick up they called me a month ago to verify my order and to let me know they were running low on alot of breeds and asked me if I wanted to add more before they ran out there customer service is wonderful. The downfall is there website isn't accurate they do not have some of the breeds and the pricing isn't right. I had to wait on my catalog

I had a bad experience with Meyer's. If I ordered again I'd use Ideal. Luckily though I found the birds to complete my flock locally so that's much easier on the chicks and on me
wink.png

If you do not want fancy poultry, try Reich's Poultry Farm in PA - they don't have a website, but they mail out a card confirming payment and with your ship date on it.

They have heavy breed layers, broad breasted white turkeys, guineas, and meat birds. They don't have a huge selection, but they were very reasonable on shipping, also.

1-866-365-0367 (toll free) 8-5 mon through fri.

meri

Back
Top Bottom