Hatcheries...

Dinos_rock

Songster
12 Years
Jul 1, 2007
Arizona
We are thinking about getting some Guinea Hens but we don't need 25. Just a couple would be good. Does anyone know of a hatchery that sells a minimum order of about 2-5 guinea hens, because like I said, I don't need/want/ a lot.
smile.png

have you tried Meyer? They are a sponsor of this site and they ship small orders of chickens. I am not sure if they have guineas or not as I've always been looking for chickens, but the chicks we got from them were great and I was able to order only 8. And, unlike Ideal, they didn't throw in extra roos for 'warmth'.

Quote:
In one of your other posts you mentioned you live in the city and can't have roosters. .
Are you aware of how much noise guineas make?? They're great bug catchers but VERY noisy.
duc.gif

Very good point Miltonchix......my guineas make my roos sound like silent creatures!! I like their noises, but my hubby hates it. Also unless you're willing to keep them penned, they will roam over quite a wide area.

Oh, I had no idea that they made noise. I guess that sounds kind of silly, but I never thought of how loud they would be. My stepdad has wanted some guineas for a really long time, so I was just going to check it out and everything. What kind of noise do they make?

Quote:
We had just one and had to re-home her because she was so loud. She started as soon as the first sliver of light hit the horizon, sometimes as early as 4am. It was awful. She was beautiful and we loved watching her but no way could we have that noise in our neighborhood!

The sound, shall I say, "Nails on a blackboard!"

I had 2, I may as well of had 20. And they attacked my bantams. I feel my chickens do a pretty good job on the bugs. Over a period of time I think we will gradually take care of the ticks and fleas, too.

I don't miss them. They were psychotic birds, too.
barnie.gif

Back
Top Bottom