Hatchers Anonymous *Official Thread*

Quote:
There ya go ..... proof that you are an addict!
lau.gif

As they say...takes one to KNOW one, eh?
tongue.png

I think I learned from YOU, Kathy! BA HA HA!!!

Lauren I can't officially call myself a hatch-a-holic yet!
gig.gif
I am sure you saw that DH bought me a LG for my birthday which he still hasn't brought back to the store. I could be a hatch-a-holic if he doesn't take it back soon. I keep looking at it and thinking about getting hatching eggs to try it out "just to see".
lau.gif
So that doesn't really count as an addict yet, right!!??
wink.png

Quote:
Away... away! Run...flee....don't look back. There's still hope. It only takes once....not like so many other things... where it's "acquired" .
old.gif

I hatched two black orpingtons this weekend, however i can't post pics as my husband is out a-hunting, and he took the digital camera! I did have two hatch, of course I hoped for more, but am thrilled i got two!
love.gif

Quote:
HAHA! Yes, I saw that he got you the LG and that you were planning to take it back. He tried so hard, but "no, honey, I didn't want that one"! So sweet of them to try for us, though!

You already have the compulsion for hatching, yet you haven't yet acted on it...I see...*giving cliche therapist head knod and jotting on note pad*. Well, in my, not-at-all-anywhere-close-to-being-a, expert opinion, I would have to say that you, my dear, have the bug...it's just in an early stage. The fever will come in time. Have a cool compress ready!!!
gig.gif

Well, Wynette may be leaning toward falling off the wagon, but we'll love her anyway!
wink.png
I have been offered some free RIR eggies, but I'm holding strong. I REALLY want to hold out for another go at the SPPRs in the Spring, so no sense filling up the coop with another type. Oh, but I was sooooo tempted!!!
roll.png

My two little ones are loving life in the bigger brooder/stock tank! I found a big branch with multiple limbs for them yesterday to add in. It is nice and thick to support them as they grow...even my 19 week olds could hang out on it, I think. They've been roosting darn near non-stop since.

I think I walked in on them this morning... When I peeked in, they were roosting side by side and both shot me a look as though they had been naked! lol They must have been having a deeply private convo.
wink.png

Well, I thought one whole incubator of 18 eggs was full of duds, but this morning there is a pipped egg and I can hear the peeping!
wee.gif

With this addiction, a "good" hatch is problematic - I'm almost sheepishly relieved that there aren't 18 pipped eggs! Yesterday was the scheduled hatch date.

I Am Admitting Nothing, However I Started With A Homemade Syrofoam Bator That Could Hold About Ten Eggs. Had Another Igloo Cooler That Could Hold About 60 Eggs, Then A Friend Gave Us A Huge Cooler That Iwas Able To Put Two Layers In For About 200 Eggs. Then My Wife Received A Bunch Of Chest Of Drawers To Replace Some Older Furniture Which Included An Old Bureau. This Thing Is Still Sitting In My Living Room And I've Just About Figured Out How To Make It Work For About 2,000 Eggs.

I Know What Your Thinking But I Really Don't Have Aproblem.

Back
Top Bottom