Hatchery for Cornish X

fuhrchick

In the Brooder
7 Years
Dec 12, 2012
Sherman, Texas
I am needing some outside imput on where to get good quality Cornish X. I raised some last year and feel that they just didn't get big enough quick enough.
Where did y'all get your birds? What did they weigh when dressed and how old when they were processed?

THANK YOU!!!!!

I tried them this past year. First batch was dead upon arrival and the second batch did not impress me at all. It could have been the effects of the drought on the breeding stock... thank you for your input I might have to give them another shot!!

Oh... sorry. May not have been good advise! For a great price check out Central Hatchery. My local Runnings Farm and Fleet sell over 2000 cornish cross each year in my area and they get their chicks from Hoovers Hatchery. Known some people that had them and they were happy with them.

LOL. It is ok. Trial and error and some work out better for some people and not others. Ok will check into them. I just haven't found anyone local that have been happy with their birds. Thanks!
big_smile.png

I tried them this past year. First batch was dead upon arrival and the second batch did not impress me at all. It could have been the effects of the drought on the breeding stock... thank you for your input I might have to give them another shot!!
I grew broilers from the my first try. They were okay but I grew them to about 12 weeks to get them big enough. My second batch was just from Meyers and they were ready to process around 8 weeks.

Goldfinches... were both your groups from Meyers then? Both of my batches were pushing 4 months and still not very big... fed high protein feed and whatnot but still growth was very delayed.

Goldfinches... were both your groups from Meyers then? Both of my batches were pushing 4 months and still not very big... fed high protein feed and whatnot but still growth was very delayed.

No, sorry, I wasn't too clear. I had one batch from Whelp, it grew slowly. My second batch was from Meyer, they grew much faster and were much tastier :)

Back
Top Bottom