1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Hatchery in Ocala Florida

Discussion in 'Chicken Breeders & Hatcheries' started by matthewprall, Feb 27, 2010.

1. matthewprall

matthewprall Out Of The Brooder

Feb 25, 2010
    Ocala, Florida
    Does anyone know of any hatcheries near Ocala Florida. I want to buy some chicks but, I would like to pick them up myself instead of having them shipped. I had a bad experience with Murray Mcmurray Hatchery.

2. ranchhand

ranchhand Rest in Peace 1956-2011

Aug 25, 2008
    SC
    Hi! Try googling "chicken hatchery, Ocala FL", that's a good bet. Better still, watch the BST and Chickenstock etc. area for action in your area. Lots of great chicken people in FL!

3. 3goodeggs

3goodeggs pays attention sporadically

May 22, 2009
    North Central Florida
    I think there is one in either Oak, or Lake City.

4. Florida

Florida Out Of The Brooder

Sep 27, 2013
    I live in Lake City which is close to Live Oak and I don't know of any wishing hoping it is so but I dunno I think not.

5. Dsgavidia

Dsgavidia New Egg

Apr 30, 2016
    Steve and Yvonne at Sawmill Farm in Live Oak have chickens and other fowl. They would not ship in warm weather, so you would have to pick up your chicks or eggs. Also the chicks are straight run. They do have Rouen ducks, pheasantss, turkeys and peacocks.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by