Hatchery recommendations?

There is My. Healthy Hatchery and Cackle Hatchery. I know of a local feed store who sells chicks from My. Healthy Hatchery. My current flock is originally from My. Healthy Hatchery. Check around your local feed stores. They might have some chicks themselves. I think that there is a Hatchery in Idaho, but I can't remember which one it is.
Thanks for your reply! :) Another new one to check out. I know there are chicks available from feed stores but I wonder if they'll carry the breeds I'm really wanting to get. I'll check though. Thanks!

I live in northern Utah so i'm kind of nearby, and I got 400 chicks from Ideal Poultry with only 3 dead on arrival. Besides those three, the other chicks were happy and healthy and didn't seem sick at all. I did have a couple more die from pasty butt, but if you aren't getting 400 that should be easily preventable. I didn't ask, but from what I saw on the review and website, they will send replacements as well. Overall, I was incredibly pleased with them, even though they are all the way in Texas, everything turned out great. Can't say anything regarding the other hatcheries you mentioned though.
Thanks! I'll add Ideal to my list to check out. OMGosh, if I ordered 400 chickens my husband would banish me to the coop with the chickens! I salute you! :bow

I have ordered twice from McMurray and have been very pleased with their customer service and their chicks! They shipped all the way to Hawaii and had very minimal problems. It took the full three days to get to me and some of the chicks were a little weak because of this, but the majority of them did just fine!😊

Back
Top Bottom