1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

HATCHERY REPORT

Discussion in 'Chicken Breeders & Hatcheries' started by Kevin, Mar 19, 2007.

1. Kevin

Kevin Out Of The Brooder

Mar 16, 2007
    Loma, CO
    I am new to the group and am in high school and for a FFA project I ordered some chicks from a hatchery which was a huge deal getting my parents to agree to. I did all my research and found Schlecht Hatchery which is the greatest purchase I have ever made. The prices are low and the chicks are very high quaility. They all arrived safe and healthy I only lost a couple after they arrived, I believe it was to stress. Has anyone else ordered from them and did they have as good of luck as I did or did I just get Lucky?

2. equine chick

equine chick Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 9, 2007
    pennsylvania
    I never heard of them, but looked at their website. They have really good prices too, congrats! We love to see pics too!

3. pipermark

pipermark Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 26, 2007
    Arkansas
    Intersting site, I wonder if the pictures are of their birds. I noticed what appears to be a Silver Laced Wyandotte but their werent any listed on their 4 sale page. I sent them an email to see if they have other breeds that are just not available now. Their egg prices were very reasonable.

4. Hope0491

Hope0491 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 30, 2007
    VA/PA
    I've never heard of them either. I took a look at their website and it seems to be very nice... I wonder the same thing as you pipermark, if they really are "their" birds. I'll have to check into them... [​IMG] haha...

ETA: Good luck with your new chicks!! You get hooked.. FAST. It's like a gentle madness.... [​IMG]

~Lacey

Last edited: May 31, 2007

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by