Hatchery Silkies (post your pics)

MarinMama

Songster
8 Years
Apr 15, 2011
hey everyone,

i just wanted to post pics of my silkies that I got from Cackle. They actually turned out better than I thought they would.

I wish I had taken pictures of the roo that I had but gave him away for i could do so. He was a really handsome guy.

i know they are not show quality but they are pretty cute.

These are from Cackle Hatchery and are almost 16 weeks old.

silkie_runt_16week.jpg

silkie_runt_16week02.jpg

Last edited:
Those are the best hatchery Silkies I have ever seen, especially the first one. Do they have all of the right stuff - black skin, 5 toes, blue earlobes?

These are from whatever hatchery TSC got chicks from... Both are cockerels and both I had to get rid of. Turnip (1st picture) went to a friend who was looking for a rooster and she tells me he's so sweet and cuddly -- as I was hoping he'd be _- and she hugs him every day. Mushroom (2nd) just went to the auction the other day. He wasn't so nice... And would NOT leave Penelope and Iris alone.. I won't say what I was thinking.
roll.png

Anyway, both have single combs, and Mushroom was bearded while Turnip wasn't.

3796_img_0140.jpg

3796_img_0144.jpg

Last edited:
i have 12 silkies from cackle also i think they r all show quality if i could figure out how i would post them

Quote:
yeah, extra toes, blue "earrings", black skin, all the males had walnut combs...

Quote:
Those are some handsome guys...I wish I knew what was considered show quality in silkies.

Quote:
I would live to see them...I think you can host pic somewhere like photo bucket or even Facebook, then copy image URL and post it...

Back
Top Bottom