1. Come check out hundreds of awesome coop pages (and a few that need suggestions) in our 2018 Coop Rating Project!

Hatchery Silkies (post your pics)

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by MarinMama, Aug 12, 2011.

1. MarinMama

MarinMama Songster

Apr 15, 2011
    hey everyone,

i just wanted to post pics of my silkies that I got from Cackle. They actually turned out better than I thought they would.

I wish I had taken pictures of the roo that I had but gave him away for i could do so. He was a really handsome guy.

i know they are not show quality but they are pretty cute.

These are from Cackle Hatchery and are almost 16 weeks old.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 12, 2011

2. PrestonSloan08

PrestonSloan08 Chirping

Jul 8, 2011
    Corner Alabama
    Wow!! Those are not bad at all!!! I hope mine from Meyer turn out half that good!! Are you sure that first one is not show quality?

[​IMG]

3. racuda

racuda Songster

Oct 1, 2008
    North Carolina
    Those are the best hatchery Silkies I have ever seen, especially the first one. Do they have all of the right stuff - black skin, 5 toes, blue earlobes?

4. PrestonSloan08

PrestonSloan08 Chirping

Jul 8, 2011
    Corner Alabama
    Quote:Yea that's what I thought!! The first one looks amazing!!! It's better than my silkies that I didn't buy from a hatchery!!

5. Lothiriel

Lothiriel Crowing Premium Member

Aug 30, 2007
    New York State
    My Coop
    These are from whatever hatchery TSC got chicks from... Both are cockerels and both I had to get rid of. Turnip (1st picture) went to a friend who was looking for a rooster and she tells me he's so sweet and cuddly -- as I was hoping he'd be _- and she hugs him every day. Mushroom (2nd) just went to the auction the other day. He wasn't so nice... And would NOT leave Penelope and Iris alone.. I won't say what I was thinking. [​IMG]

Anyway, both have single combs, and Mushroom was bearded while Turnip wasn't.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 12, 2011
  6. katchley7595

katchley7595 In the Brooder

May 5, 2011
    i have 12 silkies from cackle also i think they r all show quality if i could figure out how i would post them

7. Teresaann24

Teresaann24 Songster

Jul 29, 2008
    Eastern, Kentucky
    I have never heard or seen any SQ or BQ silkies from a hatchery.

8. MarinMama

MarinMama Songster

Apr 15, 2011
    Quote:yeah, extra toes, blue "earrings", black skin, all the males had walnut combs...

9. MarinMama

MarinMama Songster

Apr 15, 2011
    Quote:Those are some handsome guys...I wish I knew what was considered show quality in silkies.

10. MarinMama

MarinMama Songster

Apr 15, 2011
    Quote:I would live to see them...I think you can host pic somewhere like photo bucket or even Facebook, then copy image URL and post it...

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by