Hatchery SLW? (Silver Laced Wyandottes)

Quote:
Yes Katy do you have any pics of your young birds to show them what they should look like ?

I do, but the OP requested pictures of hatchery birds.....not breeder birds so I didn't want to go off topic.

I ordered from MPC. The wyandottes are the ones who have the racing stripes down the back.
ry%3D400

At about 7 weeks, there's a wyandotte in front.

ry%3D400
(Sorry for the poor quality picture.)

A week later

ry%3D400

Same age, but this is her 'angry look' :

ry%3D400

19 weeks old:

ry%3D400

20 weeks old:

ry%3D400

About 7 months:
ry%3D400

about 8 months:

ry%3D400

About 9 months:

ry%3D400

I have 3 SLW's, all pictures. There is Luna, Lily, and Texas. Texas is the big one, Lily is the small one, and Luna has the whitest head.
smile.png

I agree. With certain breeds, I wouldn't go through a hatchery/feed store again.

I had really hoped to get the distinctive markings on Paula, but have been suspecting for a while that it just wasn't going to happen.
sad.png
She is a very sweet natured chicken, and definitely the friendliest pullet of my bunch (the others are EE and a leghorn).

I eventually want to add a Black Copper Marans to my small flock, and I've learned through Paula that I will get that chick from a reputable breeder. I don't want to get a bird that isn't going to look how I expected, and be too attached to the chicken by the time it really sinks in.

Here are all the photos I could find of my feed store/hatchery SLW (same one you're buying from).

As a youngster about 7 weeks old.
41679_ladywondering.jpg

Testing the Tether Cabbage, when she was about 12 weeks old.
41679_lacypractice.jpg

Same age, next to an actual Lakenvelder HEN (12 months old) and a BA about 16 weeks old.
41679_3girls-tethercabbage.jpg

As part of the flock about 2 months ago:
41679_swimmeetaudience.jpg

Entering the coop with my BA and EE pullets (so you can see her fluffy butt):
41679_chickensenteringcoop.jpg

About a month ago:
41679_lacyfreeranging.jpg

At the coop People Door, about a day or two after the free ranging photo:
41679_lacyatcoopdoor.jpg

And about a week ago, discovered as she looked up from destroying a raised garden bed:
41679_lacy-rosemary.jpg

My SLW is from MPC.

First day here...
38106_charlotte.jpg

One Week...
38106_charlotte_1.jpg

Two Weeks...
38106_charlotte_2.jpg

Not sure on her age here, maybe 9 weeks...
38106_charlotte_full_body.jpg

6 Months...
38106_charlotte_18wks.jpg

She is 10 months here....
38106_charlotte_looking_tough.jpg

38106_girls_in_the_yard.jpg

She is starting to look pretty good for a hatchery bird (IMO)
hu.gif

Hey, I just picked up 4 little ones from Belt about two weeks ago, and I would advise you to check out the comb structure. 3 of them have the standard rose comb, but one of them has a regular comb. Now I wish I would have checked their combs before purchasing them, but I was in a hurry. Good luck!

Back
Top Bottom