hatches on on Feb 19 and 20 / BABY PICS ON PAGE 11 & 12!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I had no hope for my eggs. I got 9 eggs shipped to me and was in the mail for 7 days. The day I recived them my electric went off from the Ice storm. Was for 3 days so those 9 eggs sit in my cold house for 3 days. I was going to use them to expiriment with and try to hatch them with a heating pad. They was on a heating pad for 3 days.When a lone egg under my broody didn't make it I placed these 9 under her. One had wilted earlier and was rotten so I tossed it I added 2 more fresh fertile eggs from 2 of my girls.

I didnt have any hope for the 8 left shipped but 3 out of the 8 are developing. I couldn't believe it and 1 of the eggs with a bloodring was a egg from one of my girls.

So I have 4 left and I have my finger crossed on these last 4 eggs.

fl.gif
fl.gif
fl.gif
fl.gif
fl.gif

I hope everyone gets somthing out of their hatches I'm sending Hatching vibes everyones way!!

jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif

Posted this on my other thread, but for those who were following my progress here.
Due on the 20th.

Well, we went to Home Depot and bought a light that does 105 Lumens... it has a caution sign on it as it can damage human eyes!, so we could see through EVERY egg, including the Cuckoo Marans!

Also included here are the eggtopsy results...... I opened every bad egg and examined carefully

Here are my RESULTS!!

From Melissa (pasofinofarm):

6 Ameraucanas (Blue Wheaten/Wheaten)
5 with veins and movement!
1 was scrambled
6 Cuckoo Marans (nice DARK eggs!)
3 with veins and movement
1 had developed for maybe a day, of the other two one was scrambled the other infertile as one came out with the yolk intact.

6 Salmon Faverolles
ALL 6 with veins and movement!

WOW!

From our flock:

4 pullet "Sunshine" EE (very bluish eggs) X China game or mutt EE
2 with development Her eggs were hardest to see through... dark bluish/green
2 infertile, yolks intact

From bargain:

5 Speckled Sussex
3 with veins and movement
The other two were scrambled by the PO

14 Leghorns
10! with veins and movement

I dropped one that was alive on day 9 trying to candle alone with my mag light.
2 had developed to day 7 I'm guessing, but there was no movement
1 was scrambled by the PO.
That roo did a good job!

So I now have 29 in the bator. So far we are at 70% which I'd say isn't bad for mostly shipped eggs!

We will recandle at day 18 (the 17th) and then put them in cartons and raise the humidity to 60%!

Any other suggestions from you EGGSPERTS out there?

Quote:
So tell me more about this light, brand , make, model, price, section to find it in.....
big_smile.png

The light is an LED.

Brand and Model "LED LENSER"

You don't want to know the price, but I'll tell you anyway, $49.95.

Ask an "associate" where the mag lights are, you'll find it in that section with other flashlights.

I seriously can't imagine a better light to candle with....

Thanks Mahonri. Home Depot is my favorite store. I can send Dh and tell him which isle and shelf something is on, to pick up things I need. I will get a new light when I get ready to incubate again, this one has not gone well at all and I think we will wait a couple of weeks or so to set some "new" eggs.

Good luck on your hatching.

24 mixed eggs shipped by mail arrived during very cold weather. 1 was broken.
Of the 23 left I took out 10 tonight. I will put them in the compost heap later this morning after I open them to see what is inside. There were three very small eggs that were clear. One green egg that was clear. The rest looked like there was a blood ring? as I turned the egg.
The others look about 3/4 full.
These are incubating in our newly made incubator. The humidity stays around 30-35%. Temps very from 97 to 100.

I have one duck egg a khaki campbell egg that is due on the 20th and it's on day 20 today
smile.png
i candle and it's growing nicely .. it's kinda hard to see in the egg now because the duckling took up most the space but i can still see some movement
smile.png

Quote:
So tell me more about this light, brand , make, model, price, section to find it in.....
big_smile.png

The light is an LED.

Brand and Model "LED LENSER"

You don't want to know the price, but I'll tell you anyway, $49.95.

Ask an "associate" where the mag lights are, you'll find it in that section with other flashlights.

I seriously can't imagine a better light to candle with....

OUCH! that's high!!!!!!!!

Back
Top Bottom