Hatching 2 days early??? I'm stressing out!!

SarahLadd

Crowing
6 Years
Jun 23, 2017
Minneapolis, MN
Guys my chicks are coming already but they were supposed to hatch in 2 more days. I've got my air cells marked and both are popping bits of shell from the bottom of their eggs. Do I do anything?!? I thought they were supposed to come out where the air cell is. Is this okay?! Oh my God I'm stressing out. I took tomorrow and Friday off so I could watch and enjoy this but now I'm wigging out. Do I need to orient the eggs differently?? Help :((

Attachments

• 20210714_091606.jpg
    20210714_091606.jpg
    216.3 KB · Views: 10
  • 20210714_090521.jpg
    20210714_090521.jpg
    113.8 KB · Views: 7
They went in at 12:30 am technically Friday morning but before I went to sleep. I really wasn't super sure when to start the timer on the incubator so I reset it when the eggs went in. I hear tiny peeps and I'm dying
You count the next day after you put them in as day 1. Relax they will probably be fine, make sure the humidity is high about 60%

One of my eggs hatched three days early. Then two hatched the next day! I'm stressed out, but for other reasons. The chicks are healthy and fine, so that's not why I'm worried. I'm worried because they're not in an incubator, but under a hen! There's still chicks to hatch, and the broody is getting ready to leave the nest and I have no backup!

They went in at 12:30 am technically Friday morning but before I went to sleep. I really wasn't super sure when to start the timer on the incubator so I reset it when the eggs went in. I hear tiny peeps and I'm dying
The chicks will peep before hatching. This is when the mother gets used to their voices before they hatch. The mother will talk back to them.

The chicks will peep before hatching. This is when the mother gets used to their voices before they hatch. The mother will talk back to them.
Do I talk to them instead??

I gotta try and be patient, but in the back of my mind I'm more attached to these as little lives than I probably should be. If there's something I didn't do right for them and it's my fault the baby dies... I would be extra sad, lol. I just don't wanna cock it up. (pun intended)

Do I talk to them instead??

I gotta try and be patient, but in the back of my mind I'm more attached to these as little lives than I probably should be. If there's something I didn't do right for them and it's my fault the baby dies... I would be extra sad, lol. I just don't wanna cock it up. (pun intended)
Sure! If you want to!

Yeah. I know how that is. I lost a chick of these that are hatching. It pipped, then that was it. I'm really sad about it. I wish there was something that I could of done, but things like that has happened before.

Back
Top Bottom