Hatching a wrinkled egg?

Are they larger or smaller than normal? How wrinkled are they? Sometimes the abnormal eggs can have a shell that is too thick or too thin to support the growing embryo throughout the whole incubation period. If you want to experiment with them, I don't see any problem with that.
smile.png

When I first did my research about incubation, I read that you shouldn't use extra small eggs, or extra large eggs, or long, skinny eggs, and I really think wrinkly eggs would be right there on the list.....I personally wouldn't try to hatch any egg with an irregular shell.

I think the greenfamilyfarms as the right idea....Those eggs could be extra thick, or maybe the wrinkles could make it difficult for the chick to emerge from the shell.......

I wouldn't take a chance....

Experimentation is great; however, most breeders will not hatch deformed eggs. The thought is the defect would be more pronounced in the next generation. The shell may not have enough calcium content to support the incubating embryo, and thus cause issues later on with bone growth if the chick is able to hatch itself.

Back
Top Bottom