Hatching and raising guinea keets!

So out of the 22 eggs we put in, only two hatched, but one was stuck to the shell so I needed to cull it... it was awful. Its legs were kicking after I chopped its head off and its beak was chomping. 😭😭 We have one alive, and we were going to get it some Pinto, Buff, and Coral Blue keets, but then my dad said " We're going put of town soon, why don't we give the single keet to the people selling the keets?" So now I am seriously ready to give up because my dad says to get a better hatch rate. LIKE IT'S NOT MY FAULT THAT I SUCK AT HATCHING EGGS!!

So out of the 22 eggs we put in, only two hatched, but one was stuck to the shell so I needed to cull it... it was awful. Its legs were kicking after I chopped its head off and its beak was chomping. 😭😭 We have one alive, and we were going to get it some Pinto, Buff, and Coral Blue keets, but then my dad said " We're going put of town soon, why don't we give the single keet to the people selling the keets?" So now I am seriously ready to give up because my dad says to get a better hatch rate. LIKE IT'S NOT MY FAULT THAT I SUCK AT HATCHING EGGS!!
Oh that's terrible! I haven't been having the best hatch rate either.

Oh that's terrible! I haven't been having the best hatch rate either.
I’m sorry pastel! I just read through your whole story and it’s so sad. Maybe you could try troubleshooting your incubation technique? You can post on the incubation page or joins a hatchalong. If you join a hatchalong, you can see how a lot of really experienced people incubate their eggs, but there will also be people trying to figure it all out. You can work out a lot of kinks by monitoring temperature in different areas of your empty, running incubator and checking the humidity after calibrating your thermometer and hygrometer.

I’m sorry pastel! I just read through your whole story and it’s so sad. Maybe you could try troubleshooting your incubation technique? You can post on the incubation page or joins a hatchalong. If you join a hatchalong, you can see how a lot of really experienced people incubate their eggs, but there will also be people trying to figure it all out. You can work out a lot of kinks by monitoring temperature in different areas of your empty, running incubator and checking the humidity after calibrating your thermometer and hygrometer.
Thank you for the tips. Do you know anything about the Nurture Right 360? That's what I have.

Back
Top Bottom