Hatching Bantam Cochin Eggs!

KDailey

Crazy Cochin Lady
8 Years
Jun 27, 2011
Bronson, Tx
I have 40 bantam Cochin eggs from LuckyPickens that are due to hatch any time now. Today is day 18 so technically they have a few days to go, but my incubator tends to hatch eggs on day 18.

I don't know why they hatch early but my hatch rates have been great so I'm not touching anything, I'm more than happy to have lots of chicks early than less chicks on time. So we'll see what happens.

I've bought eggs from LuckyPickens several times and have had great success every time so I'm excited to see what I get. If I'm reading the labels on the eggs correctly then I have 10 different colors including: red mottled, calico/Mille fleur, mottled, blue mottled, lemon blue, red, silver laced, blue frizzle/crele project, black split to lavender, blue barred project.

I may have miss interpreted some of the initials but they're close. Lol. I'm so excited! I really need some more color in my Cochin pen so I'm hoping I can get lots of pretty girls.
fl.gif

I'll keep y'all updated and will include pictures when they're all hatched. Anybody else have eggs due in the next couple days? Please share what breeds you have, how many, where/who you got them from or are they your own?

New babies are always eggciting!! (no matter how many you've hatched in the past) Can't wait to see pics of the little fluff balls!
I don't have any due to hatch soon, but I'm setting some next Saturday

They are soooo worth it! She does an excellent job packing them and always sends plenty of extras. Last time I got 32 eggs from her and 30 hatched! I'm hoping I'm going to get those same great results this time
fl.gif

I so love cochins as well. I have some frizzle cochins and they are just so cute. I am trying to get a red and white frizzle but my broodie is the red cochin and she does not like to lay she just likes to set hatch and raise them. she is so tiny she keeps trying to hatch my perl leghorn eggs but she can only cover like 3 so I take them and give her smaller ones. I can not wait to see your babies when they hatch...

So far nothing. The little guys are starting to worry me...

I'm layin in bed right now about to get up. I'm seriously hoping there are chicks in the bator. I'll be crushed if something went wrong and none or very few hatch
sad.png

Back
Top Bottom