Hatching Buddies? Button Quail Eggs Due 9/10. HATCHING NOW!!!! PICS!!!

Quote:
nice!!
smile.png

Quote:
nice!!
smile.png

Okay well now I've seen three do a slight wobble.. never hatched before but I'm assuming that could be from the chicks getting into position to hatch. My girls have put so much effort into getting the brooder ready, watching these eggs and temps, etc.. for 21 days I just hope our first hatch isn't a dud and we get at least one chickie out of it. We are in the end of the first 24 hours in lock down so I need to stop being a worry wart right now, nothing I can do any how at this point.

It's ALMOST hatching time!! So far I've been obsessing over the eggs all day
lol.png

I added more water because it got to 50% somehow. I haven't seen any of them move so far but that's because they are laying on a towel and it will be pretty difficult to tell if they are moving, but there's really no reason to worry right now. It was between 99 and 100 all 15 days (got to 101 or 98 for a few hours sometimes) and the humidity was 45% and now it's 70%.

I taped down the top of the mini incubator just in case they hatch. (I don't want baby chicks fallen over the sides!! That thing is very light and easy to get out of
roll.png
)

Tomorrow is day 15. I'm not EXPECTING any pips tomorrow because usually my button quail eggs pip in the afternoon on day 16.(They go from pip to zip fast!!! With my chicken eggs, the time from pip to zip was 8 hours, but with buttons the time from first pip to being all the way out is a matter of 2 hours!! One time I almost missed a chick hatch just by going to lunch, and before I left it wasn't even pipped yet!!
ep.gif
lol.png
)

Can't sleep as I keep checking on the eggs... so I just walked into see this.

2011-09-08_02-17-56_560.jpg

Can you see the little spot where the shell is pushed out.. wondering if I should wake my girls or not it's 230am here.

Quote:
woah!! a pip!! so cute. i think the best feeling in the world is walking in on the first pip. the next best feeling is noticing that the pip is becoming a zip!!
mine haven't pipped yet
sad.png
im not worried though. i'm not expecting any until tomorrow

I have one hatched so far and three more pipping. I put my own topic up with lots of pictures. Good luck on your hatch and keep us updated.

THE FIRST ONE HATCHED ABOUT 10 MINUTES AGO!!! It's black with some white. SO CUTE!! SO TINY!!! ZIPPED IN ONLY 9 MINUTES!!!

celebrate.gif
celebrate.gif
celebrate.gif
wee.gif
wee.gif
wee.gif
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif

Back
Top Bottom