Hatching chick problem...need help please

shannybell

Songster
8 Years
Jul 9, 2012
Wilsonville, AL
This chick hatched about 5 hours ago and there was a little blood but it disconnected from the shell and was quite active and normal acting otherwise. Only a small amount of umbilical-looking cord hanging... I had to run an errand and just got home to find the chick now in this condition in the brooder. I am heartbroken. Is this fixable?? It looks as though her insides have come out
sad.png
. She is still active and pulling this around behind her. Can she be saved? I want to cry...

I'm no help but wanted to say sorry,
hugs.gif
Thank you...I'm down to my last several eggs in my incubator today. I've lost a couple and I'm nervous about those that are trying to hatch now along with being worried about this little one. I'm just a weepy mess today and I appreciate the hug :)

Oh, I'm no help either except to send you a HUG too!
hugs.gif
Awww, thanks. After more research, I think this was an unabsorbed yolk sack that came back out??? I'm not sure. The little one's almost gone. I thought this experience would be way more fun than sad or stressful. I want to try again, but I'm not sure my heart can take it. *sigh*

On the bright side, from this hatch so far, I have nine beautiful healthy chicks who did survive!

Back
Top Bottom