Hatching Chicks With A Heat Pad And A Egg Carton Experiment

Update- Got a thermometer, the temp is around 99 to 100 and is keeping steady, I refill the half egg shells every afternoon and placed a half folded towel on the top. The heat pad is under the egg carton and is elevated with a plastic container. I might add more eggs at deferent times, but will the heat pad last?
At what number do you keep the hot pad?

I attempted this once in my closet as a child with my neighbor's chicken eggs, got to day 16 before my mother found them and threw it out. I'm excited to know you have a healthy crew so far!
Aw that's so sad! I wonder if they would have made it?

I attempted this once in my closet as a child with my neighbor's chicken eggs, got to day 16 before my mother found them and threw it out. I'm excited to know you have a healthy crew so far!
Awww, that is so sad that your mother did that. That reminds me of a story though, I once tried to incubate store-bought eggs with a flashlight when I was 6 years old, my mom was not happy either.

Day 6 (Chicken incubation four days)- The Jersey Giant egg has now stuck to the eggshell (in a ok way) and now has a bunch of veins and a lump in the center of the veins (possibly a heart?), the EE is to dotted to tell and the meat one turned out to be a big Jersey Giant egg. if everything goes ok, they will hatch on Easter Sunday! Also thank you so much for the support!

Back
Top Bottom