Hatching Chicks With A Heat Pad And A Egg Carton Experiment

Pics
Lets hope. :fl
Also about the noise, let's hope that it was the eggs and not a gross mouse sniffing around. Just in chase, I am going to add some mouse proofing.

:fl
A mouse scratches, while a hatching chick taps its shell with little ping-ping-ping sounds. It is a very different noise, and very muffled in the chick's case. You have to bend over and listen very closely to hear it, while you can easily hear mouses in a wall from the opposite side of a room. That's how I hear the difference, anyway. I have mouses inside my house too, and they're proving very careful around the traps laid for them.

:fl
A mouse scratches, while a hatching chick taps its shell with little ping-ping-ping sounds. It is a very different noise, and very muffled in the chick's case. You have to bend over and listen very closely to hear it, while you can easily hear mouses in a wall from the opposite side of a room. That's how I hear the difference, anyway. I have mouses inside my house too, and they're proving very careful around the traps laid for them.
Mice that be very clever. When I was sitting down on my bed I heard a Thump-Thump-Thump with a bit of scratching noises. When I got up, the noise stopped. I hate mice and I hope that is was just the chicks.
Edit- the noise was by the eggs.

Is this like a styrofoam egg carton? Can you post a pic, even of the carton with the blanket or whatever over the top of it? I need a visual!!!
I managed to get a picture a while back, this is the picture.
Photo on 4-10-20 at 9.08 AM #2.jpg

I wrap a towel in half and place it on top.

I haven't seen them move enough to shake the egg, I just use my ears and just right now, they started to thump around.

Hope it was them! I usually hear a tapping when they are trying to pip. My curiosity would get to me and I'd do a quick candle. If it's a cardboard carton adding some water too it will help with humidity.

Back
Top Bottom