Hatching Chicks With A Heat Pad And A Egg Carton Experiment

Ok, I decided to do it today. The mistake that happened could of simply be solved, but no they died and it was all my fault. The chicks, they boiled alive, it is was because of me, it was all my fault.
If you truly want to see the pictures, here they are.

Photo on 4-15-20 at 12.24 PM.jpg

Photo on 4-15-20 at 12.24 PM #3.jpg

He was so perfect! Not a single fault! He had a beak, and strong feet, and a well formed body. It was my fault that he died.

Photo on 4-15-20 at 12.27 PM #2.jpg

Photo on 4-15-20 at 12.27 PM #3.jpg

I think that he was a quitter.
I need to lie down for a bit, good bye.

Last edited:
Day 26 (chicken incubation, 24 days) UPDATE- Ok, so today, I'm really sorry but I just found out that the eggs are dead. It hurts... I'm so sorry about it. I know a bunch of you have been rooting for them and encouraging me and I want to thank you. You guys said that I had such dedication but it was truly you guy, you had the dedication, you cheered me up and made me go forwards. You are the ones that helped me. I am truly sorry that this happened, it is a really bad page that touched the end of this wonderful book. I loved the chicks, I think that you loved the chicks to. I'm going to bury the chicks tomorrow.
Sorry to hear, I enjoyed reading your posts. You put a lot into the process. Good luck in the future.

Ok, I decided to do it today. The mistake that happened could of simply be solved, but no they died and it was all my fault. The chicks, they boiled alive, it is was because of me, it was all my fault.

View attachment 2090796
View attachment 2090797
He was so perfect! Not a single fault! He had a beak, and strong feet, and a well formed body. It was my fault that he died.

View attachment 2090799
View attachment 2090800

Do not feel bad. It was meant as a trial and error. Those embryos look like they quit/died on day 10 or sooner. So it was a long time ago.

View attachment 2090796
View attachment 2090797

View attachment 2090799
View attachment 2090800

I've been lurking in this thread for about a week and a half, waiting to see what happens and personally, I don't think that you should put this much blame on yourself. Accidents happen. Had you ignored all advice and done little research, then it may have been your fault. But that was not the case at all, you truly did your best to give them a chance. Hatching can be a difficult process, even in regular incubators. Embryos are fragile little things, so the fact that you even got them that far is quite an accomplishment. And kudos to you for being able to open them up to see what went wrong; I know how difficult that can be. I know you cannot help but feel guilty, but that is a sign that you cared for them and did your best. Thank you for trying something new and interesting, and for updating us all along the way. I'm so sorry it didn't turn out like we had all hoped. Feel better soon. :hugs

View attachment 2090796
View attachment 2090797

View attachment 2090799
View attachment 2090800
Honey, you did a marvelous job. This was an experiment. Eggs can be fragile things and anything can affect the development. We have all had our failures. My first hatch, I shrink-wrapped my chicks due to not upping the humidity in the incubator. Yes, it was devastating. But, I learned and the next time was much better. Even now, though I sometimes do not get 100% hatch. It is just nature. There is an old saying. Don't count your chickens before they hatch. It is so true. You never know what is going to occur. Don't lose interest in hatching chickens over this. I am sure you will make a great chicken parent. Maybe for now though, give thought to day old chicks from a breeder. Later on, you can incubate again when the pain is not so fresh.

Back
Top Bottom