Hatching disaster

Flynch

Chirping
Apr 19, 2021
First time hatching eggs, hasn't gone particularly well. 20 eggs 6 healthy chicks have hatched between day 21 and day 23 so. One chick somehow got his head stuck under the hatching tray and the only way I could get him out was to take all the eggs out and unscrew it, so bye bye humidity, put of the 6 chicks 5 were shrink wrapped and had to be assisted. Not sure of the stuck chick is going to make it. 3 more eggs have pipped day 24 not sure if the other eggs are still viable.

NatureRight 360 is really a very good one. Holds a weird number of eggs (22 with turner, 25 without) but out of 25 I had in there, I've only pulled 3 out. 6 of the eggs (including one I pulled) were on a broody nest that I lost the mom, and were cold to the touch when I found, and one if the other surving eggs was dropped and dented and it's still going strong.

How is your humidity now is it up between 65 and 70 Right now I think 70 would be better.
Currently up to 68%. 3 more have pipped. No sound or movement from the others. They are shipped eggs but all were fine candling before lockdown

Sorry I didn't get back to you sooner leave it alone for now if you open the incubator to check the other eggs the humidity will go down so let them hatch first and maybe I can get somebody to help you that knows more about the ones that aren't moving.

Back
Top Bottom