Hatching Duck Buddies

I think I will have a few call duck eggs going into lockdown starting Jan. 9 and continuing for a few days...they were laid sporadically so now I have to decide how to set them. I also just set 9 this morning as a group.

i have 12 due the 26 of feb. mixed breed. but i cant wait. these are my first duckies. is chick starter medicated with amprolium ok to feed the duck babys. it says so on the bag. just wanted to make sure before they hatch. thanks

I would think it's ok, but this is my first hatch with ducks so maybe someone with more 'duck time' could tell us. Last night, we had a powersurge and I lost power on the bator for a couple of hours!
barnie.gif
If this keeps my remaining ducks from hatching, I am really going to be dissapointed. This right after loosing last weekend's chick hatch AND receiving a misfortunate chick order this week is just too much!

I have 2 call duck eggs in my incubator. I just got these new calls and they laid 2 eggs. I was trying out my new incubator, so I thought what the heck! They are on day 10 today. We candled on Sunday(day 7). One was a definite. The other was questionable. Saw blood vessels, but not as distinct as the other egg. I will candle again this weekend and see how they are progressing. I have had power outages for a few hours and had everthing turn out ok. Dont worry!
wink.png

Back
Top Bottom