hatching duckling blood

thank you so much! i’m trying very hard to learn from my mistakes and hopefully my next batch will go better :) im gonna end up selling them tho so how long should i wait for them to go away from their mom? i read 8 weeks but i dont really trust google anymore
You can sell them at any point
But watching them with mom would be really neat
I hope one day I get to have that experience
So far my only one to go broody was terrified of the baby

I'd let them stay with mum until they're "weaned", if she's a good mum.
It'd be nice to watch her look after them, and she'd be pretty sad initially if you took them away while they're very young

i hope you can have that too! im very lucky since my broody is very sweet, she trusts us a lot but that also might be since she was raised like that, a lot of luck with ur next batch:hugs

what do you mean by weaned? like they’re independent?
Yes, once they're no longer dependant on mum. Not needing her for heat, or anything. Around when they're feathering out, which is between 4 and 8 weeks. That's just what I'd prefer to do, to allow mum to look after them and have a less stressful parting. It's of course ultimately up to you though

Yes, once they're no longer dependant on mum. Not needing her for heat, or anything. Around when they're feathering out, which is between 4 and 8 weeks. That's just what I'd prefer to do, to allow mum to look after them and have a less stressful parting. It's of course ultimately up to you though
thank you! i’ll probably go for 7 weeks or something! we’ll see :) the duckling is fully dried up and she or he is very active its adorable!

Attachments

• 497D5F6E-6FE4-47A4-8A69-8FAC3AFC4600.jpeg
    497D5F6E-6FE4-47A4-8A69-8FAC3AFC4600.jpeg
    330.8 KB · Views: 1

Back
Top Bottom