Hatching duckling spiting up yellow fluid

Also, does anyone have any idea how I can tell if he’s finished absorbing the yolk without taking him out of the egg. I want to make sure I don’t take him out too early.

Hey everyone! It’s been a while and i just wanted to post this for anyone reading through this thread in the future. The duckling was super weak and we had to give her tons of nutrients and support for the first few days. We ended up getting her a friend to basically show her how be healthy and before we knew it she was the most energetic duckling in the world. Her name is still Pretzel and her friend, who’s a crested pekin, is named popcorn. They’re both SOO big already but I still love them to death. About a week ago some of our dogs ended killing Pretzel’s dad, Brave Heart, who I loved dearly, and it means so much to me that I get to have a pice of him with me In the form of his very adorable (and insane) daughter. Thank you to every one who helped out during the hatch and to anyone reading this in the future who’s going through a challenging hatch, I wish you the best of luck, and what ever you do don’t give up when you can help, but also recognize that there are times when you can’t and you shouldn’t beat yourself up about what you could have done. Take everything as a learning experience, because that’s the only way things are going to get any better. RIP Brave, you were a good friend. ❤️

Back
Top Bottom