Hatching Egg Experience Greenfire Farms??

tommysgirl

Crowing
10 Years
Mar 18, 2012
I want to add Marraduna Basque hens to my flock. I ordered from Sandhill last year but they were unable to fill my order. Since, I have been looking for breeders and have struck out with the exception of GFF which offers them both on ebay and on their website. I am curious to know if anyone has ordered hatching eggs from them and how their hatch turned out.

I know that many of you may have had experience buying live birds but what I am curious to know about is hatching egg shipping. Thank you.

Bought 10 Bielefelder hatching eggs from them in December and received 10+2 ... they are packaged unbelievably well, I've never seen anything like it!

All of the eggs were fertile but only 7 of the eggs developed and then hatched!
3 girls and 4 boys ... i would buy from them again and I would recommend them to family and friends for sure

I have bought 2 different batches of the Bielefelder hatching egg's from the same breeder on ebay. They shipped from out of Chicago, and were supposed to be from Greenfire Farm's. I had 5 pullet's that hatched out of the first batch, and a boy that had failed to thrive. So, I had 5 girl's and no boy's. On the second batch, I now have 2 pullet's and 2 cockerel's. They packed them pretty good and they were double boxed. The boxes arrived intact. The first batch none of the egg's arrived broken, but 2 egg's were broken in that second batch.

I bought from them in summer of 2021, the eggs came in perfect but later discovered that most had been scrambled. But they were fertile, I had one egg make it to day 16 and died.

I didn't have high hopes cause I'm in California and GFF is in Florida. Plus on top of that shipping was very unreliable due to Covid.

I'm still interested in getting some of there breeds. But this time around I'm being more cautious and waiting to see how shipping services are handling packages through other people's experiences.

You will have better luck if your in the same state or 2 states away.

I bought from them in summer of 2021, the eggs came in perfect but later discovered that most had been scrambled. But they were fertile, I had one egg make it to day 16 and died.

I didn't have high hopes cause I'm in California and GFF is in Florida. Plus on top of that shipping was very unreliable due to Covid.

I'm still interested in getting some of there breeds. But this time around I'm being more cautious and waiting to see how shipping services are handling packages through other people's experiences.

You will have better luck if your in the same state or 2 states away.
I am also in CA. Thanks for your insights. You make a good point about the additional stress on the embryos.

Good to know
I hatched Old English Pheasant Fowl from GFF summer of 2021. 12 eggs, sent and 10 developed with 7 hatching. I am in Western Washington, so I was pleased with that.
This is great information thank you. I am pleased that you had such success with the eggs coming to you from Florida. I am hopeful that if I order eggs from GFF they will make it to my little rural CA town safely. Thank you.

Back
Top Bottom