hatching egg.....got a quick question....

scalaway

Songster
12 Years
May 6, 2008
Ohio
Just had our first hatch!!! SOOOOOO exciting
smile.png
! just a quick question...the first little one out looks like he has something hanging from his hiney....kind of looks like poo.....is that okay? I really don't want my kids to be disappointed....is that normal? We've never done this before---WOW was the hatching amazing!!! Still waiting on some more eggs to "blow"..we've got three actively hatching right now..I'm glued to the bator!!!
I've been lurking for quite some time...so glad I found this mb....so much good information! Thanks for the advice ahead of time
smile.png
!

Last edited:
Quote:
Gotcha...that was my gut..but just checking! I'm a nervous wreck watching these little guys hatch
smile.png
!!! Too much fun! I'll post pictures as soon as I'm able to
smile.png
----Thanks!!

Quote:
These guys are actually a day late...I'm nervous about the rest...we put in 16 eggs...I've only got 3 hatching on day 22...how long should I wait with the rest of them? and how long should we keep them in the incubator?--I don't want to get rid of the other eggs prematurely--and I want to make sure the ones that hatch get food and water as soon as they need it....I know they need to dry off, so like 24 hrs? I'm so nervous!
I know I"m probably obsessing, but is the "poo" look like it's attached?...it just dries up and falls off? the mom in me wants to wipe their little hiney's!!
smile.png
!

...just one more thing....looks like a little blood on one of the "almost hatched" eggs...is that just inside stuff or should we be worried? --

It's good...we've got two now and one on the way...it's pipped, but hasn't done anything else...I can see it breathing through the little hole--when should I be worried? Also--with these guys waiting late to hatch (by a day) -- how long should I wait until I throw in the towel on the rest of the eggs? I'd HATE to give up too soon
sad.png
!!! Thanks for the advice
smile.png
! I'm really enjoying this forum--great stuff!!

They can hatch after day 21. Sometimes they are slow and hatch on day 22 or 23. don't be worried if they are hatching on their own and you see some blood. Sometimes (and I hate those hatches) you might get a yucky bloody one. I like nice clean hatches. Eggs can go to day 25. Then I open them to see what went wrong.

Back
Top Bottom