Hatching Egg Prices

Webbsilkies

In the Brooder
Mar 4, 2021
How much is normal to charge for hatching eggs? I have silkie hatching eggs, white leghorn, Rhode Island Red, black sex links, and Americana eggs. I haven’t been able to decide what to price them. Any advice?

It really depends on your location and quality of birds. Are these in together or individual breeding groups?

I've paid table egg prices ($2.50/dozen) and I've spend $10+ per egg. Start with $1 per egg and see what the response is. Then adjust prices up or down from there.

It really depends on your location and quality of birds. Are these in together or individual breeding groups?

I've paid table egg prices ($2.50/dozen) and I've spend $10+ per egg. Start with $1 per egg and see what the response is. Then adjust prices up or down from there.
They are all in separate pens, so we have just the true breeds together. We have some free range that we mix but we don’t sell them as hatching eggs

I'm looking for some hatching eggs.
Are your birds good quality?
Could I see pics?
I can! We have bought them from good breeders and they are very great quality. We were picky when we picked them out. What breeds would you be interested in? I can put pictures in this thread or send them another way. I may have to wait until daylight to get pictures of all the ones available. My silkie hens are all broody right now so that’s the only breed that doesn’t have eggs at the moment.

That's great they're separate. They should sell better. Try $2 per egg. See how quickly they sell.

Did your mean Ameraucana? Americana is not a breed even though some hatcheries label their Easter Eggers as such. If you did mean Americana consider changing your wording on your hatching eggs to Easter Eggers.

I can! We have bought them from good breeders and they are very great quality. We were picky when we picked them out. What breeds would you be interested in? I can put pictures in this thread or send them another way. I may have to wait until daylight to get pictures of all the ones available. My silkie hens are all broody right now so that’s the only breed that doesn’t have eggs at the moment.
Cool!
The Ameraucanas maybe? I'd love to see pics if you get some. You can PM them to me if you want! I just got some silkies so that's ok. 😁
I'm also waiting to hear back from a couple other people.

That's great they're separate. They should sell better. Try $2 per egg. See how quickly they sell.

Did your mean Ameraucana? Americana is not a breed even though some hatcheries label their Easter Eggers as such. If you did mean Americana consider changing your wording on your hatching eggs to Easter Eggers.
Yeah I meant Ameraucana. Auto correct always changes it. We have pure Ameraucana from a local breeder

Cool!
The Ameraucanas maybe? I'd love to see pics if you get some. You can PM them to me if you want! I just got some silkies so that's ok. 😁
I'm also waiting to hear back from a couple other people.
I’ll PM you a picture tomorrow, I’ll get a good picture of the flock I have

Back
Top Bottom