On the 25th day of Christmas Santa Gave to me 18 Hatching Eggs...

Willow the chick

In the Brooder
Aug 30, 2023
New Braunfels Texas
Merry Christmas hope you all stayed warm! For Christmas I got a variety of hatching eggs. I have 13 silkie hatching eggs, 2 black copper maran hatching eggs, 1 lavender orpington hatching egg, and 2 easter egger hatching eggs! What would be a good price per chick do you think? Hoping to find some buyers but do not want to over charge! We need a theme for the batch so any suggestions will be loved. Candling Pictures will be posted soon! Good Luck!

Congratulations! That's such a great gift!

As for prices for chicks, first it depends on the breed, but for my fancier silkies, those go for $10 to $15 each. I've paid $15 and sold for $10 usually. For the backyard silkies, $5 each.

I post them in my poultry groups for my state on Facebook. You can't put prices there but just tell people to message you if interested. I've also sold some at poultry swaps in the spring/summer/fall months. Good luck and hope you have a great hatch!!

Merry Christmas hope you all stayed warm! For Christmas I got a variety of hatching eggs. I have 13 silkie hatching eggs, 2 black copper maran hatching eggs, 1 lavender orpington hatching egg, and 2 easter egger hatching eggs! What would be a good price per chick do you think? Hoping to find some buyers but do not want to over charge! We need a theme for the batch so any suggestions will be loved. Candling Pictures will be posted soon! Good Luck!
Merry Christmas! If you got them December 25th, you actually got them on the 1st day of Christmas! Are you planning to keep any of them or sell them all?

Merry Christmas! If you got them December 25th, you actually got them on the 1st day of Christmas! Are you planning to keep any of them or sell them all?
Very true if you go by tradition. ☺️
Our OP though may just call the 25th the 25th day of Christmas. I like it either way. :highfive:

Congratulations! That's such a great gift!

As for prices for chicks, first it depends on the breed, but for my fancier silkies, those go for $10 to $15 each. I've paid $15 and sold for $10 usually. For the backyard silkies, $5 each.

I post them in my poultry groups for my state on Facebook. You can't put prices there but just tell people to message you if interested. I've also sold some at poultry swaps in the spring/summer/fall months. Good luck and hope you have a great hatch!!
Thank you!

Back
Top Bottom