hatching egg quick urgent question

tara7815

Songster
10 Years
Aug 29, 2009
I have a chick that is hatching and has been for over 12 hours.. but it seems like it is stuck - it somehow got flipped (by an already hatched chick) over and now is coming out butt first. It has been struggling for a long time and isnt' making any progress. Do I intervene?

IMAG0190.jpg

yes intervene! The membrane is stuck to the chick. Warm water and patience. Crunch up an break the opposite end of his head so he can breathe!

I barely had to do anything. I moved just a tad of the outter shell and she busted right out. But I don' t know that she's doing very well
sad.png

She seems to have a lump of some sort on her neck and she isn't moving around very well.
It almost seems like she can't pick her head up off the ground.
Perhaps she's just tired but I can't tell just yet. I have her under really warm lights and watching her closely. I have a video uploading of it to show you but it is going to take a few more minutes.

I had a shrink wrapped chick. After she finally got out, she layed there forever, her head just drooped. But by the morning she was just fine. I would just be sure shes not cooking under the lights as she probably is to tired to move away! I left mine in the bator overnight, not in the brooder- but Im sure the brooder is fine as long as its not to hot. Good Luck!!

give her some time....and that lump your speaking of...I have had a couple of them and they just go away on thier own.
wink.png

She's doing great now and is the family favorite.
Thank you for coming to my rescue.

My five year old keeps telling everyone we "operated on our chick".
lol.png

Back
Top Bottom