Hatching Eggs!!!: 40+ Breeds to choose from: Starting at $3/each

Hubby has my eggs at home!! I can't WAIT to get to them. He says there are 8 PB and 7 CL (my order was for the 8 PB and I asked for the CL for extras
big_smile.png
)

He has unwrapped them for me and put them in a carton to rest so that makes me feel better.
smile.png
WOW you got 7 extras for only buying 8 eggs? HOLY MOLY! ;-)

Well, I'm home. The eggs are purdy, lol. I have however decided to not even move them tonight. I'll just candle before putting them into the bator tomorrow evening. :)

IF I don't screw this up, I'll have a pretty nice setting.. So far the eggs from Papa, plus 10 of my own Brahma eggs plus whatever the girls lay tomorrow.

I only want one girl golden laced orp and if 6 hatch, Ill be selling the rest! :) (They are blue and black mixed eggs so wish me luck to get one black laced girl!) :)
Good Luck!!! My Brinsea won't be delivered until next monday (how it will take an entire week to get from Florida to California I do not know). I'm so jealous =(

Unfortunately one of my dogs got a hen last night too. She tore open the cage. While it wasn't my favorite or one of my chocolates (thank goodness!!), it was my son's chicken, he's 7. I didn't want to tell him before he went off to school so instead I started telling him about the incubator and how we would have a science project. Trying to get him excited on that and hoping he won't be too upset when he finds out about his hen.

Good Luck!!! My Brinsea won't be delivered until next monday (how it will take an entire week to get from Florida to California I do not know). I'm so jealous =(

Unfortunately one of my dogs got a hen last night too. She tore open the cage. While it wasn't my favorite or one of my chocolates (thank goodness!!), it was my son's chicken, he's 7. I didn't want to tell him before he went off to school so instead I started telling him about the incubator and how we would have a science project. Trying to get him excited on that and hoping he won't be too upset when he finds out about his hen.
I have ordered lots of Brinsea and I know I have to wait a week every time, I am in CA also. Sorry to hear about your sons chicken. What kind of dog do you have? I am always curious to know the bird eating breeds.

Okay! I've candled and set. Only ONE cracked egg!! It really wasn't that horribly cracked- no leaking- BUT since I want to be as hands-off as possible this hatch, I decided to let that one go. Especially since it was only one. :)

There is a lot of air cell trouble throughout, but I totally expected that after the long trip. I was just hopeful I guess. I have however decided to go ahead with incubation (after the overnight rest) and see what's up later on.. Then stop turning early and hatch in cartons.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom