Hatching Eggs in NH

Oct 17, 2020
Looking for hatching eggs near us instead of ordering them from a hatchery. We don't have an incubator yet but we are ordering it soon. Hatching eggs to us just helps us insure none of our flock gets accidentally sick from bringing in new birds. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. We're in southern NH

https://nh.craigslist.org/grd/d/farmington-hatching-eggs-chicks/7255589574.html

This person seems a bit pricey. They don't mention hatching egg prices though. Cream Legbar and Swedish Flower hen are the two breeds.

I'd help you out but I'm in Northern VT. Furthest south I go is Woodsville, NH until mid April when I head south for bees. I've got Blue Laced Red Wyandotte and Penciled Plymouth Rock project birds.

This person seems a bit pricey. They don't mention hatching egg prices though. Cream Legbar and Swedish Flower hen are the two breeds.

I'd help you out but I'm in Northern VT. Furthest south I go is Woodsville, NH until mid April when I head south for bees. I've got Blue Laced Red Wyandotte and Penciled Plymouth Rock project birds.

I know its far but id be willing to meet in woodsville or even closer to you for blue laced Wyandotte hatching eggs. So if you're around till April, id love to purchase from you :)

Mid April I'm actually heading South as in down 91 and eventually to Georgia for bees. I could drop off then or if they start laying sooner we can meet in Woodsville any Friday afternoon.

Just PM me as we get closer to date.

I don't have any recent photos but here is one of grand sire, culled, and believe I still have this hen. Culled hard and should be better quality, conformity in chicks hatched this year. But this gives you an idea of Blue Laced Red I'm working with-

Wyandotte Cock.jpg
Blue19.jpg

Last edited:

What are the odds I’d stumble across this post? “That person” is me! 😆 I have to argue that I think our prices are fair since you can’t purchase these pure breed pullets from My Pet Chicken or Meyer Hatchery for under $20, and our stock is sourced from serious breeders of superior quality. Nonetheless, I am always open to feedback (intended or not haha) so I will keep that in mind! Thanks for sharing my post!

@Freie Family Farm we will indeed have hatching eggs this spring. Our breeds of focus are Cream Legbars and Swedish Flower Hens, as mentioned, but we also have olive eggers, barnyard mixes and ducks. If you’re interested at all shoot me a PM! We’re in Farmington, NH. I’ve been posting pictures on our Facebook page Muddy Mutt Farm.

What are the odds I’d stumble across this post? “That person” is me! 😆 I have to argue that I think our prices are fair since you can’t purchase these pure breed pullets from My Pet Chicken or Meyer Hatchery for under $20, and our stock is sourced from serious breeders of superior quality. Nonetheless, I am always open to feedback (intended or not haha) so I will keep that in mind! Thanks for sharing my post!

@Freie Family Farm we will indeed have hatching eggs this spring. Our breeds of focus are Cream Legbars and Swedish Flower Hens, as mentioned, but we also have olive eggers, barnyard mixes and ducks. If you’re interested at all shoot me a PM! We’re in Farmington, NH. I’ve been posting pictures on our Facebook page Muddy Mutt Farm.
If quality birds I don’t think $12 a chick is far fetched. Especially with legbars you’re getting Pullets and no Roo risk. That has a value also. I can say that the legbar that I have had was a laying machine and a great mother when she went broody.
1BF60F75-DBA5-4273-B36A-B15464DB973C.jpeg

Looking for hatching eggs near us instead of ordering them from a hatchery. We don't have an incubator yet but we are ordering it soon. Hatching eggs to us just helps us insure none of our flock gets accidentally sick from bringing in new birds. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. We're in southern NH
The NH gets almost no one unfortunately. I've tried before for things and hardly any response. Thanks though
Try posting this in your state thread or/and in local state threads. Good luck.

Mid April I'm actually heading South as in down 91 and eventually to Georgia for bees. I could drop off then or if they start laying sooner we can meet in Woodsville any Friday afternoon.

Just PM me as we get closer to date.

I don't have any recent photos but here is one of grand sire, culled, and believe I still have this hen. Culled hard and should be better quality, conformity in chicks hatched this year. But this gives you an idea of Blue Laced Red I'm working with-

View attachment 2487065View attachment 2487066

Back
Top Bottom