Hatching eggs need an expert!!!please!!!

serama hen

Songster
7 Years
Sep 9, 2012
Nothern New Jersey
Hi everyone my school is hatching japanese bantams and i really need help on step to step hatching this is my first hatch ever and im in charge of the hatching to make sure things go smmoothly. The incubator is a
HovaBator Genesis Egg Incubator 1588 & Turner

I got the eggs shipped to day and opened everything then i put each egg back into their carton(normal egg carton) That was given and put the pointy tip down and fat end up should i leave it like this for 24 hours or shold i turn it.and how should i get the incubator ready temp humidity and so forth. The egg must be put in tomorrow and
HOVABATOR EGG INCUBATOR KIT | Turner | Fan | Therm/Hyg

★ Digital Thermometer/Hygrometer, Turner, & Fan Kit ★ this is the incubator we bought from ebay and the seller is egg-incubator

please need step by step into from opening the box (done) to hatching lil chicks
big_smile.png
barnie.gif
lau.gif
clap.gif

Does this help?

http://utah.agclassroom.org/files/uploads/chick/hatching.pdf

Since you have a turner, you don’t have to manually turn the eggs so skip that part. Take the turner out after 18 days of development.

To count the days, an egg does not have 24 hours’ worth of development 2 seconds or two hours after it is placed in the incubator. It takes 24 hours for the egg to have a day’s worth of development. You’d be surprised how many people get this wrong. An easy check that you are counting right is that the day of the week you set them is the day of the week they should hatch. If you set them on a Wednesday, they should hatch on a Wednesday.

I store my eggs in the turner. Take it out of the incubator and plug it in. Takes all the worry out if it. Put your eggs in the turner now.

If you have questions I’ll check back later.

I forgot to mention. Yours is a forced air. You can take the temperature anywhere in that one. If you had a still air where you take the temperature matters since hot air rises, but in a forced air it doesn’t matter where you take the temperature.

im going into lockdown but i timed badly on the eggs i got duck eggs while the chickens were close to hatching i didnt know i had to remove the egg turner now im stuck how can the duck eggs turn while the chickens eggs lay flat! i removed 3 turner racks but their are line on the bottom which would prevent the eggs from moving around during hatching should i put aspen bedding over the plastic lines.!!!!

I would get that humidity at 65% RH and try not to let it go lower. I also wouldn't go higher than 75% but if it does don't panic. Remove the egg turner. Then go and section off an area big enough for the duck eggs to temporarily stay. I would turn them manually 3x per day. Now you will run into issues with the turning. When you open it you will lose that valuable humidity. How long have the duck eggs been incubating? When are the chicken eggs due to hatch? When you answer these I can tell you how easy or difficult this could be for you. https://www.backyardchickens.com/a/hatching-eggs-101 Read this.

Back
Top Bottom