Hatching Eggs With Heating Pad

Chloe77

Songster
7 Years
Nov 29, 2012
It really is possible! Check out these links!

http://www.ehow.com/how_5926013_give-egg-heat-incubator.html

http://wiki.answers.com/Q/How_can_you_incubate_chicken_eggs_without_an_incubator

I'm trying to hatch an egg on a heating pad now... Wish me luck!

Here is the dam:

Here is the sire:

I CAN'T WAIT!!!!

2.gif

DAY 1

I have the two eggs in the heating pad. They're warm, but not too warm. They have wet paper towels wrapped around them, to keep the humidity. Temp is on low.

I've tried candling, but of course I can't see a thing. One egg looks like it has lots of pores, so I'm a bit worried about that.

And they're off!

Day 2

I might just be imagining it, but I swear I see veins in one of the eggs!!!

And I'm going to give both the eggs to a hen right before they hatch. As it is, none of my hens will brood on them now. Not a broody breed, I guess. Makes me want a Silkie!

Day 2

I might just be imagining it, but I swear I see veins in one of the eggs!!!

And I'm going to give both the eggs to a hen right before they hatch. As it is, none of my hens will brood on them now. Not a broody breed, I guess. Makes me want a Silkie!
If they don't go broody by the time the eggs are ready to hatch, they will not accept them as their own. You will have to be mommy to them.

If you do manage to hatch them out, you can use the heating pad to brood them. Just make sure you have something on top of it, like a towel, and keep an ey temp on top to make sure it is near where it is supposed to be for their age.

see any veins yet? I have been trying to get the temps in my incubator to stabilize..keeps ranging anywhere from 80 to 120
idunno.gif
It's been doing that for about 3 days. I read that someone on here put a towel lengthwise around their incubator so I tried that, nothing worked. Hopefully when I get home tonight the temp will be close to 102.

Back
Top Bottom