Hatching eggs woes

annanicole18

Songster
10 Years
Mar 16, 2009
Cincinnati, OH
Just got home from an interesting trip to get hatching eggs. Started to snow halfway there and made the roads a bit slickery. Anyways home safe with the eggs and I have to say I am equally bummed and peeved. I watched the seller pick up each egg and place in a different carton. Get home to find eggs as old as 3/6 and even have one that is cracked pretty good at the skinny end. Now I didn't pay a lot for these eggs but man I wish they would have told me they were going to be older eggs... I would have gotten fewer eggs to have fresher ones only. I would throw them in the incubator tonight but I have other eggs arriving in the mail tomorrow. I just bought them to fill the incubator since it was going to be running anyways but still feel like the seller had less standards than I would hope most sellers have. Here's to hoping enough hatch to make it worth my time.

Buyer Beware.
Always a good question to ask...."when were eggs laid".

8 days old should be just fine, wouldn't incubate the cracked one tho.
Was it visibly cracked or only with candling?

Buyer Beware.
Always a good question to ask...."when were eggs laid".

8 days old should be just fine, wouldn't incubate the cracked one tho.
Was it visibly cracked or only with candling?

Visibly cracked substantial enough it should have been noticed. I will definitely ask about the dates in the future, up until now I have dealt with great reputable people.

Back
Top Bottom