Hatching eggs

Do you know what the eggs are to look like when you candle them this late. Is it completely dark?
The majority of the egg should be dark. The air cell should be lower on one side. By day 21 i would usually see draw down - the aircell really moving down one side of the egg. And hopefully the chick would pip into the air cell and then later the shell on that side. They can and do pip else where though.

The majority of the egg should be dark. The air cell should be lower on one side. By day 21 i would usually see draw down - the aircell really moving down one side of the egg. And hopefully the chick would pip into the air cell and then later the shell on that side. They can and do pip else where though.
Thanks for replying: But the 1 egg we checked was completely dark no air sack from what I can tell. Do you know how long I can keep egg out of bator checking it?

Thanks for replying: But the 1 egg we checked was completely dark no air sack from what I can tell. Do you know how long I can keep egg out of bator checking it?
That doesnt sound good. Although if it pipped internally it is possible its moved into that space a bit so it looks full.

So long as they havent pipped tge shell i would say max 5 min. And try to not turn it around much.

That doesnt sound good. Although if it pipped internally it is possible its moved into that space a bit so it looks full.

So long as they havent pipped tge shell i would say max 5 min. And try to not turn it around much.
Thanks I have 25 eggs in bator that had movement at day 15 but was never checked again. I try to check some now and let you know

I did check a few eggs and the were dark but I did see the air sack but no movement at all. Is it wise to do the water test on them
Mmmm. Are you able to take a picture of your candling? Id like to see if possible.

You can try tapping gently with your finger nail on the shell to see if you can get a chirp check really carefully to see if you can see an internal pip in the aircell any that have pipped internally should not be put in water.

If you want to check 1 i would say go for it. If you get no movement in the water then you could try opening 1 egg just into the air cell to see if there is an internal pip. (Only if it failed the water test though.)
If the chick still looks alive or has internally pipped and you can see its beak moving you can put it back in the incubator but it will likely need help to hatch when the time comes.

If it fails the water test though its most likely already dead.

Remember Warm water for the test. And for now just try 1 egg.

Mmmm. Are you able to take a picture of your candling? Id like to see if possible.

You can try tapping gently with your finger nail on the shell to see if you can get a chirp check really carefully to see if you can see an internal pip in the aircell any that have pipped internally should not be put in water.

If you want to check 1 i would say go for it. If you get no movement in the water then you could try opening 1 egg just into the air cell to see if there is an internal pip. (Only if it failed the water test though.)
If the chick still looks alive or has internally pipped and you can see its beak moving you can put it back in the incubator but it will likely need help to hatch when the time comes.

If it fails the water test though its most likely already dead.

Remember Warm water for the test. And for now just try 1 egg.

I did the water test and I seen it moving in the water. So I did a few more they all floated I was fixing to do another 2 eggs in water and seen 1 egg pipping

Back
Top Bottom