Hatching eggs

It made sense to me to shut the egg turner off at day 16 because I’ve learned that the coturnex usually hatch between days 16-19. Sometimes they go a day or two over the 19. I would think it would cause more stress to be trying to hatch as you’re spinning, again, I’m new and I’m sure there is a learning curve, just trying to do what’s best and what will raise my percentages. I guess we will see over the next few days, part of me wants to start the turner again but it doesn’t make sense because of the thoughts I mentioned in the above post!

You r soposed to do that at day 18 but it's probably to late now.
Too late as in I ruined the batch, or as in too late to start the egg turner and just see what happens? Thanks for your help in tryitto figure this out with me! What a great group of people!!

I read somewhere on here to turn off turner at day sixteen and up humidity a bit! Should I restart it for a couple days? Hope I didn’t kill them, they are moving around a bit! HELP!!!!!!
Here’s what I have on mine today. Little small chips in shell. Had chips/pipe for up to 8 hours before broke its way through. Good luck!

Attachments

• B0728709-5652-4197-97D6-931DFB865DAE.jpeg
    B0728709-5652-4197-97D6-931DFB865DAE.jpeg
    363.8 KB · Views: 10
Correct, they’re coturnix, what’s your thought if you don’t mind me asking? If it is an issue I can simply start turning them again for a couple days if it won’t hurt them, this is my first hatch and I’d really like to get at least 40% hatch rate, not sure if that’s realistic but thought I’d aim high! I appreciate your time, sincerely, joe
Wow I am so sorry I thought you weretalking about chickens.I am really sorry if I freaked you out:barnie

You are ahead of me, all i have done is research and am planning on starting in the next couple of months. but from my research you locked down at the correct time.

I usually lockdown my coturnix quail on day 15 and most hatch on day 18. Day 16 is fine to start lockdown and you might see some eggs rocking as the chicks get into position. They peep to each other while still in the egg to time the hatch - a lot of the time they pop out in groups all at the same time.

Here is another thing I’ve heard about but thought would be rare. I have a chick that looks like a too small pipe. It had done its pecking all around by 8pm last night and now is 5am. So I removed the “cap” and see if it can work it’s way out plus increased humidity to 85%. Bobwhite chicks and on day 25 of the 23 original days. Look how thick this egg is! Hope it makes it.

Attachments

• 7F29CB98-6A05-4CC5-BB7D-4CDB5604E1C4.jpeg
    7F29CB98-6A05-4CC5-BB7D-4CDB5604E1C4.jpeg
    571.6 KB · Views: 8
  • E911336E-48B2-4EA0-8C43-29A8BA2B4AF2.jpeg
    E911336E-48B2-4EA0-8C43-29A8BA2B4AF2.jpeg
    125.4 KB · Views: 8

Back
Top Bottom