Hatching eggs

I want to say they are from the 20th to 25th maybe? I was out of town for a few days and my husband was here and when I came back I found them.

We have 8 hens and none are broody right now. Im gonna go look at incubators tomorrow. I had seen this one at tractor supply and thought it might be a good one but I until my other silkies start lying I don’t need that maybe spaces but also smaller ones are the same price.

Attachments

• 204BC7D1-F1ED-4DE2-95E8-557F79154EBC.png
    204BC7D1-F1ED-4DE2-95E8-557F79154EBC.png
    641.8 KB · Views: 2
I want to say they are from the 20th to 25th maybe? I was out of town for a few days and my husband was here and when I came back I found them.
If they were on day 25, there is almost no chance they are gonna hatch. Day 21 is hatching day, the latest I've seen chicks hatch were on day 25, but the development on your chicks makes me think they are less than day 20. They are most likely dead :(

I can't really tell from the pictures. You can pick up the eggs and take better photos.

They are not likely to hatch, as heat lamps are not a controlled heat source, unless you are monitoring humidity and temperature. How old are the eggs and when are they supposed to hatch?

Should I pick them up and candle and post the pictures for y’all to see? I mean I don’t want them just sitting there if they are dead.
Sure. But pictures really won't ensure if they are alive or not, the best thing would be a video, so we could look for movement. If you're not able to do that (through YouTube), then you can just see for yourself. They are alive if there is movement. Sometimes they are alive, but not moving. If you can borrow in incubator from someone or if someone has a broody hen, that would be best. I wouldn't expect a high hatch rate if you're using a heat lamp.

Are you monitoring temp and humidity? That's crucial for the eggs' survival.

I’m pretty sure they are all dead. I just picked them up and these are the pics. Sucks because they were all doing so well under her. She refused to go back on them though.
How far along are they? The first egg looks dead, but the others might have a chance. I would leave them under the heat lamp, and get in incubator (or borrow) or find someone with a broody asap.

Back
Top Bottom