Hatching eggs

Sister Mary Michael

In the Brooder
11 Years
Apr 16, 2008
Bridger MT
After getting busted for having roosters in town, (they were taken to the home of the animal control officer, who lives out of town, after my 6 yr old cried at losing her chickens) we left some eggs under 3 hens which had gone broody.
Today was peep day, and lo and behold, she had an egg peep in her hand and saw the little beak breaking the shell. I floated her off to bed after promising she could check in the morning for baby peeps.
We are moving out of town in a month, she can get her roosters back then, and all will be well in the life of a six year old.

Her chick that she saved this spring from the dead bag at the feed store, has grown into a handsome young mille fleure rooster(who started to crow the day after everyone else was confiscated!) Is more people than chicken, and loves to lap sit and be fed treats. He cuddles with the dog and runs from the hens but loves Victoria's shoes. He follows her around the yard and will stare through the window at dusk, wanting in for the night. I wish I could get my pictures to print on the site because Pete and my husband make quite a pair rocking on the porch.
Later,
sister mm

Back
Top Bottom