Hatching Grocery store eggs attempt

I had no idea this was even possible. I am assuming they weren’t refrigerated? I have never hatched eggs but would have thought that they wouldn’t be fertilized and that the time between the egg getting laid and purchased from the store would be too long...

Please tell me more about how to go about doing this.
I just got mine in the refrigerated section as if buying eating eggs😵.... and they got to room temp and went in the incubator. Also being shipped to a different state and cold was a shocker

I had no idea this was even possible. I am assuming they weren’t refrigerated? I have never hatched eggs but would have thought that they wouldn’t be fertilized and that the time between the egg getting laid and purchased from the store would be too long...

Please tell me more about how to go about doing this.
I don't know, but I suspect that these eggs are probably trucked from farm to various markets and are handled like, well, eggs. You should be able to tell the date when the eggs were packaged anyway on the carton (not how old they were when they were put in there though) as there will be a number from 1-365 printed on it, probably around the "sell by" date. Today, for instance, is #303. A two week old egg would've been packaged on day #289.

I just looked it up and I did not know this, but apparently there is a white color Marans. All you ever hear about are the cuckoo and the black copper.
Oh there is.. that explains why they have white chickens, I was wondering what they were. That would be awesome to have a white That would be awesome to have a white Maran!!

So I’m guessing that this is a white maran on their website.
621A8EAA-3FCC-48C5-86C1-6CC6D576B0DF.png

I hatched one chick (out of 6 eggs, 3 developed, 2 went to lock down, 1 hatched) earlier this year from fertilized grocery store eggs. Frankie is now 18 weeks old and looking like she will lay soon. These were refrigerated and shipped by container ship from California to Hawaii and were close to 4 weeks old! So ANYTHING is possible! Life finds a way! It is so cool! Best of luck and please post photos of any chicks you get!😍
IMG_6576.JPG

Back
Top Bottom