Hatching Grocery store eggs attempt

Pics

JadeFarms

🙄🤚 Loving life 💜
May 3, 2019
Florida
So I am going to try to hatch grocery store eggs. I thought it would be a fun project. I am going to try hatching “Happy Egg” eggs. I saw that someone else had success in hatching their eggs so why not try it myself. They have Marans (I believe BCM) and i believe lohmann browns and what they call speckled legbar. I don’t even know what that is so if someone else does please tell me. I have 3 light blue/green eggs and 4 maran eggs. I didn’t have any lohmann brown eggs though. I can’t wait to see if they will hatch!
image.jpg
image.jpg

1egc.PNG

I set 6 eggs recently, the top egg was from my coop, the lower 5 were from a health food store fridge, 7 miles from my house, but the farm is only one mile from my house. The upper egg was from my coop- it didn't hatch...below the 4 store chicks hatched... They are just barnyard mix- but I think the dad was an EE, the first chick is from the green egg.
caspe.PNG

caspr.PNG

casp.PNG

caspa.PNG

I hatched one chick (out of 6 eggs, 3 developed, 2 went to lock down, 1 hatched) earlier this year from fertilized grocery store eggs. Frankie is now 18 weeks old and looking like she will lay soon. These were refrigerated and shipped by container ship from California to Hawaii and were close to 4 weeks old! So ANYTHING is possible! Life finds a way! It is so cool! Best of luck and please post photos of any chicks you get!😍
IMG_6576.JPG

Can chickens eat poke berries? I read they couldn’t. My girls are a few when I naively thought poke berries were elderberries! I spent days being worried I poisoned them :/
The roots of the Poke Salut plant are deadly poisonous. NEVER EAT THE ROOTS!
The leaves and berries are not poisonous but they have extremely high levels of Vitamin B12. Enough B12 that unless you parboil the leaves twice, they can make you nauseous and have sweats. One to two berries per day are good for arthritis but you don't want to take them on an empty stomach.
If you'll make a homemade wine from the berries, a tablespoon or two per day will work wonders for arthritis , plus it's got all the other benefits of taking a B12 shot.

And like with any home remedies involving wild plants, have someone experienced in identifying and using the plant to teach you

Back
Top Bottom