Hatching Grocery store eggs attempt

Pics
So no development :( But we’re going to the store this week so Ima just try one more time, I don’t wanna give up.
Make sure you check the date. Pick up a carton of eggs that were as recent as possible. Not more than 3 weeks old. If 001 is January 1st, 366 will be December 31 (leap day this year, I don’t know how they change labels, so it might just be 365) so determine the day number and don’t buy eggs more than 15 days over that. Lookup brands that are often known to have fertile eggs,and of course, check for a possible “fertile” label

Can chickens eat poke berries? I read they couldn’t. My girls are a few when I naively thought poke berries were elderberries! I spent days being worried I poisoned them :/
The roots of the Poke Salut plant are deadly poisonous. NEVER EAT THE ROOTS!
The leaves and berries are not poisonous but they have extremely high levels of Vitamin B12. Enough B12 that unless you parboil the leaves twice, they can make you nauseous and have sweats. One to two berries per day are good for arthritis but you don't want to take them on an empty stomach.
If you'll make a homemade wine from the berries, a tablespoon or two per day will work wonders for arthritis , plus it's got all the other benefits of taking a B12 shot.

And like with any home remedies involving wild plants, have someone experienced in identifying and using the plant to teach you

The roots of the Poke Salut plant are deadly poisonous. NEVER EAT THE ROOTS!
The leaves and berries are not poisonous but they have extremely high levels of Vitamin B12. Enough B12 that unless you parboil the leaves twice, they can make you nauseous and have sweats. One to two berries per day are good for arthritis but you don't want to take them on an empty stomach.
If you'll make a homemade wine from the berries, a tablespoon or two per day will work wonders for arthritis , plus it's got all the other benefits of taking a B12 shot.

And like with any home remedies involving wild plants, have someone experienced in identifying and using the plant to teach you
PS
I'm lucky to get any Poke Berries to make tonic with every year because my chickens eat them up before they can get good and ripe. But the berries sure make some good dark yolks.

Back
Top Bottom