Hatching Grocery store eggs attempt

Pics
1egc.PNG

I set 6 eggs recently, the top egg was from my coop, the lower 5 were from a health food store fridge, 7 miles from my house, but the farm is only one mile from my house. The upper egg was from my coop- it didn't hatch...below the 4 store chicks hatched... They are just barnyard mix- but I think the dad was an EE, the first chick is from the green egg.
caspe.PNG

caspr.PNG

casp.PNG

caspa.PNG

The roots of the Poke Salut plant are deadly poisonous. NEVER EAT THE ROOTS!
The leaves and berries are not poisonous but they have extremely high levels of Vitamin B12. Enough B12 that unless you parboil the leaves twice, they can make you nauseous and have sweats. One to two berries per day are good for arthritis but you don't want to take them on an empty stomach.
If you'll make a homemade wine from the berries, a tablespoon or two per day will work wonders for arthritis , plus it's got all the other benefits of taking a B12 shot.

And like with any home remedies involving wild plants, have someone experienced in identifying and using the plant to teach you
I just moved to Oklahoma and made poke salat multiple times this last spring! I’d love to learn anything about the plant. Thanks for sharing!

View attachment 2403523
I set 6 eggs recently, the top egg was from my coop, the lower 5 were from a health food store fridge, 7 miles from my house, but the farm is only one mile from my house. The upper egg was from my coop- it didn't hatch...below the 4 store chicks hatched... They are just barnyard mix- but I think the dad was an EE, the first chick is from the green egg.
.View attachment 2403526
View attachment 2403524
View attachment 2403529
View attachment 2403532
What brand of eggs were they?

They have the most orange yolks I have ever seen in my life!! I recommend them for eating 100% I’m impressed with how good the eggs are.
i am totally following this thread!! I had NO idea this was possible!! I love Happy Eggs brand too we even have them at the Shoprite here in Westchester, NY! I agree they are the most orange yokes ever! We have the regular free range kind but will keep an eye out for the heritage ones!
after seeing these intensely orange yokes, I googled what can make yokes orange and apparently it’s common (and beneficial) to add dried Marigold petals to the feed to achieve orange yokes. I may have to try that!! 🤔
5A26F13C-F558-4BCC-8C24-C10CB2689C72.png

i am totally following this thread!! I had NO idea this was possible!! I love Happy Eggs brand too we even have them at the Shoprite here in Westchester, NY! I agree they are the most orange yokes ever! We have the regular free range kind but will keep an eye out for the heritage ones!
after seeing these intensely orange yokes, I googled what can make yokes orange and apparently it’s common (and beneficial) to add dried Marigold petals to the feed to achieve orange yokes. I may have to try that!! 🤔
View attachment 2403592
There's a feed at TSC (not sure which one cause I just get the cheap stuff) that has marigold as part of the pellet to achieve those orange yolks

Make sure you check the date. Pick up a carton of eggs that were as recent as possible. Not more than 3 weeks old. If 001 is January 1st, 366 will be December 31 (leap day this year, I don’t know how they change labels, so it might just be 365) so determine the day number and don’t buy eggs more than 15 days over that. Lookup brands that are often known to have fertile eggs,and of course, check for a possible “fertile” label
They say they aren’t, I bet a rooster accidentally sneaks in from time to time because they free range and I got mine from the back of the fridge.@JadeFarms tip if you haven’t gotten them yet.

Back
Top Bottom